Live tiles and notifacations won't update.

WP8sNewest

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I love my phone(Lumia 928) but its live tiles and notifications just aren't working. For example I have my battery, and weather live tiles set to update automatically and they haven't updated in a week. Along with things like my phone doesn't notify me when I get messages on twitter,Facebook,swapchat I have to look at the app to know. Now for a few days last week everything was working fine but it just stopped all of a sudden and have no Idea how to fix this. Can someone give me a solution

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, if there's nothing wrong with your background tasks (settings>background tasks), check if you're always on battery saver.

If not, reboot, if that doesn't fix it. If it still doesn't reboot, soft reset.
Otherwise, reinstall the affected apps.

gmcnatt

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my l928.Started last week. I've done all the suggestions above, but live tiles still don't update.

bbraune

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
After over a month of the live tiles not updating on my 920 I finally got them working again. Here is what I did:

I had 72 apps listed under "advanced" Background tasks. Five of those apps do have live tiles on my start menu that I wanted to continue to be updated. I deleted 7 apps that I have never used. For the remaining 60 apps, I opened each app one at a time to clear out any initial warning messages. I then went into the settings of each app to disable push notifications, live tile updates, and/or lock screen control. (I left the location service enabled if available) None of these 60 apps were pinned to the start menu, but one or more of those settings were turned on by default. Once I hit the magic sweet spot, my five live tiles starting updating again. No phone
restart/reboot was necessary. My Weather Channel live tile that wouldn't update unless I opened the app is now updating again and I haven't opened the app since.

I hope this information helps someone else with the same issue.

gmcnatt

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
thanks. that worked for me. was not looking forward to a hard reset. wish we knew what the magic number of live tiles is before this happens again.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I've had this happen on my 920 recently...so weird to randomly start happening...never had the issue before

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss