Why do people hate WP8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WP8sNewest

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Well when I first got my windows phone,all my friends laughed and said "what you have a windows phone? Dude windows phone is garbage." where as I replied " No its not, have you ever even tried or owned a windows phone?" they said no which I thought was outrageous. How could they ostracize a OS that they'd never even tried. And besides them I heard numerous others cast judgment onto windows phone. So im really want to know why people keep showing so much hate to a up and coming OS.

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Lol all my friends said same thing. Now after 3 yrs (there about anyway) all but the die hard apple fans sing a different tune. Most of them say the same thing "its nothing like what they read about."

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Because it is human nature to put your choice above others, because if what you chose isn't best then it reflects on you that you didn't choose best.

Frankly, no phone will ever be best for everyone. That's why choice is important. Of course, I am energetically opposed to Android because of their lack of security, and how simple it is for the unscrupulous to take advantage of those who are ignorant as to how insecure their phones are. But when my boss wanted a new phone last fall, and he didn't like the idea of a Windows Phone, despite my "sales" pitches, I talked him into an iPhone and out of his Android.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
  • Word of mouth about lack of apps, equate to "NO APPS!!!"
  • Looks too different from iOS/Android
  • Lack of some features
  • Not popular
  • Did i mention it has NO APPS?!
  • Its ...Windows?
  • No Apps exist

The reality is sheer ignorance, people just assume based on others opinions.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to say that these so-called tech sites and blogs are more of the cause than anything. They never review MS products with an unbiased, objective mind. Then they post these silly reviews all over the web and even some make videos.

Word gets around that this and/or that was lacking 2 yrs ago and ignorant folks don't want to find out if it was taken care of.

I usually get most ppl angry when they ask or "try" and tell me that WP is garbage or why did I, etc. I tell them I tried the rest and WP the best hands down. "If you value a cohesive and smooth experience that everyone is copying nowadays (always have my copy pics handy ios7) then you will buy WP".

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Probably because they are jealous or don't appreciate change or something that works good. I actually find more people knocking Windows 8 as an operating system more than Windows phone. Not sure why. Probably for the same reasons. Afraid of change and learning something new. I have Windows 8 Pro 64 bit on a new PC I built this past spring and love it. No issues what so ever. Very stable, secure and fast. As far as WP8 goes, one of the reasons for the hate could be due to all the hate for the desktop operating system which has been going on since last year. Most people hate it or don't know how to customize it and figure the phone must be bad as well. :shocked:

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I think it's mostly ignorance.

I just had a conversation with a coworker who was trying to sell me on BB10.

He explained this"exclusive" feature on BB where you can load a web page that'll show you where your phone is, and optionally let you ring it, send a message or remotely wipe it.

I explained that WP had exactly the same feature, as does ios, and I'd be willing to bet that so does Android.

People get myopic about what their phones can do without considering that someone else's might do that too, much less do it better.

Then, they guard their ignorance with hostility toward anything nee.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I don't know anyone that actually hates Windows Phone. More like they know nothing about it or don't even know that its an option.

Wazzim

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Well, because in some aspects it fails hard compared to other mobile OS's, including WP7. The fact that the only positive point of WP8 is the concept of it shows how miserabely MS failed in the 3 years it had to expand and bug-fix the OS.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Anytime someone says, "No apps," "Not enough apps," or anything like that anymore, all I hear is, "Blah, blah, blah, blah, I'm a (insert phone here) phanbois, blah blah blah." With more than 165,000 apps, the odds of not finding an app that will do what you need it to do are pretty slim.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If Windows Phone is slow, then Android is sh*t slow, because sloths, snails, and my old HTC Mogul perform at speeds that Androids only dream about.
Wow, it's been a long time since I heard anyone say, "HTC Mogul".......... I think it was '06 (?) when I got mine. :wink:

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Because Windows Phone isn't as good as Android or iOS. That's why. When Microsoft finally fixes a lot of issues people have with it, people won't call it garbage anymore.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Because Windows Phone isn't as good as Android or iOS. That's why. When Microsoft finally fixes a lot of issues people have with it, people won't call it garbage anymore.

And also MS is poor at marketing.

I remember in one of the "Windows 8" Ad where a makeup lady will be there.

Top comment on youtube for that video : "When I use Windows 8 , I bang my head like that"

And those weird ads which have nothing to do with the actual product.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

But those of us who use it and love it disagree. If an iPhone was actually better than a Windows Phone, I would have bought one. Android? Nah - it's not even in the realm of imagination that it could be better so I won't entertain the thought.

See how in this case "better" is a matter of opinion and not fact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos