A new feature request for Windows Phone 8 - Please vote for it

bulutsuzgece

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

As you all know, we haven't got any screen (video) recorder in WP although we have picture snap feature (Windows button + power button)

Even I think none of mobile systems (including Android, iOS etc) have this type of feature.

You know, there are many apps for desktop versions of Windows.

Why not would it be possible for its mobile versions.

Especially, When we think about Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 have same kernell, why not ;)

In my opinions, Microsoft guys do it if they want it.

Think about it!
Wouldn't it be amazing to record your screen actions to help someone, to introduce a new app or a new feature, to tell others about your OS&app related problems clearly... etc.

I've just made a request in WP uservoice.
Please vote for it.
May be Microsoft takes it into account and make it real in near future ;)

A Screen (Video) Recorder for Windows Phone 8? It would be great if you make it possible;)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Nice idea, already exists on both Android and iPhone. So, yes nice to have. Is it necessary for MS to include it though? I can think of many more things before this.

You should ask a developer if the ability to do this is locked down or not. Maybe someone would make an app instead of waiting for MS to do it.

bulutsuzgece

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your positive comment.
I think the needed wp codes for this feature not available for developers now.
If it was, developers would do it until now I think.

So lets hope Microsoft provide codes to developers for this feature in next updates.

You're right, it's an extra for now while there are many basic features that is still not available in WP.

But it would be great if Microsoft bring this feature.

Let's wait and see.

But not forget to vote for it though :)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It wouldn't be possible with the current APIs, as an app that is not in the foreground, with exception of audio and location tracking, cannot do anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon