View Poll Results: Will you stick with WP8 or 9 after your current phone or not?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

185 72.27%
  • No

15 5.86%
  • Don't know yet

56 21.88%
07-26-2013 06:49 AM
93 1234
tools
    I'm definitely sticking. I have already bought the JBL Power Up speakers and the Nokia Purity in ear headphones, so I am hooked in the Nokia eco-system! Plus, I actually like using WP8. I like being different and standing out, because 99% of my friends all have iPhones or Androids.
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    07-24-2013 12:45 PM
    Yes and No... There are a few apps i use which i miss from my Nexus 4 .. Plus lack of support from my bank which i hope changes soon as they support BB and lets face it they are dying a slow painful death .

But the main thing stopping me from saying yes which looks to be changing in the next couple month is Screen Size . Give me a 4.7" screen with a 320+ dpi and il be happy as pie i can earn live with no banking app
    MazoMark likes this.
    07-24-2013 12:47 PM
    I really want to stay, and plan to, but it is getting hard to not notice all the shortcomings we have. Mostly is all the little things that other OS have that we don't. I've been with WP since Dec 2010 with a first gen Focus. My current contract (L920) isn't up till Oct '14. If by then we are still missing many features that are present elsewhere, I may look into leaving. I really hope I don't have to, 'cause I do like WP more than the others. I also hope that by then, they have updates that work similar to Apple. Bypass the carriers and direct download of any/all updates. We'll see.
    MazoMark and Gurggles like this.
    07-24-2013 12:49 PM
    While the os annoys me and the fact we lack some key apps that the other OS have, I hate android with an utter passion and I can't see me using the iPhone and I have no desire for BlackBerry. So I will stick with windows phone.

However should Nokia go android, I MAY consider that lol
    snowmutt likes this.
    07-24-2013 12:52 PM
    Its really a bridge you can't cross til you get there. There is absolutely no company or product I have a blind loyalty to. So for me, its all about where this platform is at that point.
    snowmutt likes this.
    07-24-2013 12:58 PM
    There are two things i miss from my android days, good audio book support and a file manager.

That's it.

Unless google do something completely eye wateringly compelling and ms simultaneously drop the ball so hard it breaks the continental shelf, then im WP all the way.
    MilkyTee likes this.
    07-24-2013 01:02 PM
    I too plan in staying with this ecosystem. It's still young and going through "teething pains", but I expect it to get better.

The one thing that I won't do, is buy another carrier branded, locked device. Only devices that are available worldwide, and updates come directly from MS and/or the manufacturer.

I always purchase my devices outright, so it isn't an issue for me (just save a little over time, till I have enough).
    MazoMark and TechFreak1 like this.
    07-24-2013 02:14 PM
    Even in its current form, without updates or new apps, WP8 does everything I need it to (web browsing, email, phone/text). I don't really care too much for updates, especially after wp7.8 on my trophy introduced a ton of lag (likely on purpose to get me to upgrade). So in 2 years when my 928 contract is up I'll be buying a nokia 1328 with 88MP pureview :)
    07-24-2013 02:29 PM
    To sum it up, yes. I know my curiosity will always be there about other platforms, but this is my third time coming back to this platform. I think this is where I should be staying around. If anything, I might get an iPod touch. Windows Phone has came a long way and is becoming more and more of the phone I need it to be as my daily driver

Sent from something UHMAYZING using Tapatalk
    07-24-2013 04:19 PM
    I'm also planning on getting the 1020 for my upgrade

Sent from something UHMAYZING using Tapatalk
    07-24-2013 04:23 PM
    Currently planning to stick with WP, but I'll have to see the situation in a year or so when my upgrade is due.
    07-24-2013 04:38 PM
    IOS and Android will have to do something earth shaking to get me off WP in the immediate future, but one thing that the manufacturers could do to lose me is to continue releasing so-called "flagship phones" that have little or no useful storage space.

Say what you will about the iPhone, but I can at least get one with 64GB. Coming from 64GB iPhones to 16GB WPs, the one thing that I really miss is having enough storage for my music and audio books.
    07-24-2013 04:47 PM
    I'm sticking like a bear sticks to honey.
    snowmutt likes this.
    07-24-2013 04:50 PM
    About to switch carriers, but sticking with WP8 for the foreseeable future
    snowmutt likes this.
    07-24-2013 04:53 PM
    I dunno.... MSFT snails pace, carrier controlled determines phones future. Maybe Java has something better to offer when /if it comes to table.
    07-24-2013 04:57 PM
    Definitely not. I love the metro look and "feel", but honestly that's it. Maybe if they would address the MANY issues (other storage being a huge one) and not move like molasses uphill on a winters day on a fix for these problems. But since they don't seem to care, I'm gone. I'll keep my 920 as my backup (as I've said before) because of all the games I've purchased (and for WPCentral news). But will not support/push the OS anymore.
    maj71303 likes this.
    07-24-2013 05:08 PM
    I can't see me leaving the OS,even though I miss Google Keep. I love my 928 😊
    07-24-2013 05:08 PM
    After a 920, 620 (current to stay in the ecosystem) i will stay on WP8(.1) with the 1020 when it hits the European market. I do hope MS kicks it up a few notches in the OS department, they should add a few user requests from their suggestion box every 6 months or so to keep the OS growing and users happy since WP8 is nice but not entirely feature complete not for bussines nor for many normal users. As far as apps i feel that the marketplace is almost complete for my use, i only need a few more like the already announced BNP paribas app, Instagram for people that want to switch (wich will benefit everyone on the WP platform), and i would like to have the official Feedly app.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk 2
    07-24-2013 05:31 PM
    Since I dropped my 8X the other day and shattered the screen I'm currently trying to to decide what direction I want to go. I'm going to get either a Note 2 or a 928. There are so many things I like about using Windows Phone, but I really like the features android offers. Right now I don't know which way I'll go.
    maj71303 likes this.
    07-24-2013 05:38 PM
    Since I dropped my 8X the other day and shattered the screen I'm currently trying to to decide what direction I want to go. I'm going to get either a Note 2 or a 928. There are so many things I like about using Windows Phone, but I really like the features android offers. Right now I don't know which way I'll go.
    If you go the other direction don't get the Note II instead look at the LG Optimus G pro. Trust me it would be alot better.
    07-24-2013 07:51 PM
    If you go the other direction don't get the Note II instead look at the LG Optimus G pro. Trust me it would be alot better.
    I don't believe that phone is on Verizon is it?
    07-24-2013 08:09 PM
    at this point I really don't know. I can't believe I am saying that because I am a huge Microsoft fan. But, I am starting to think I like the idea of Windows Phone 8 more than I like the actual phone. Development has been SLOOOOOOOW!

It just feels like every single day another thing happens that deflates my enthusiasm. Today I signed up for our Yahoo Fantasy Football league and saw the huge list of supported mobile devices, with no WP8. It is getting harder and harder. I use my 920's internet sharing and my old EVO's wifi to listen to baseball games in the car through the MLB app that isn't available on WP8. That is straight sad.

at this point I am starting to wish I had the Samsung S4
    widgets are basically fully customizable "live tiles" that are active and can take input right from the widget. How is that not better? And I could have every app!

I am not ruling anything out. I have until OCT 2014. But, after giving WP 2 years I will need to see some real improvement to stick with them. I need some basic missing features to be added and I need app support to be vastly improved. Otherwise I will probably head back to android with my tail between my legs.
    MazoMark and snowmutt like this.
    07-24-2013 08:10 PM
    Have my Lumia 920 since December will stay with wp never go back to android ever!
    07-24-2013 08:16 PM
    I don't believe that phone is on Verizon is it?
    I think it is on it's way to verizon. One LG phone just passed through the FCC LG VS980, I think that is the Optimus G Pro for verizon.
    bingo920 likes this.
    07-24-2013 08:31 PM
    I am on the edge. I absolutely love my 920 like I've loved no other phone before and I've used an Android (Motorola Droid) and iOS (iPhone 4) before this. Having said that, I frequently run into situations when I want a phone controlled device/service and it does not support Windows Phone 8. As an example, I have Sonos, and they still dont have a WP8 application. I know there is Phonos, but that sets me back by $5. I was in the market to buy a Wireless IP camera and all the top selling ones like Foscam, DLink, Dropcam dont have WP8 apps. Today (Evil) Google launched Chromecast and as far as I know, it does not work with WP8. While i love the Lumia hardware and just this morning I was tempted to get a 1020, missing apps frustrate me from time to time. I still have a year left in my contract and I know the situation is improving and hopefully the app gap will not be as wide as it is now between WP8 and the other two OSs by the time it is time for me to upgrade.
    MazoMark likes this.
    07-24-2013 08:34 PM
93 1234