How many of you are planning to stick with WP8 after your current phone?

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I will definitely stick with WP. Now that I have my 928 I never really feel that I am missing out on anything. When I am forced to use my wife's iPhone 5 it is torturous. I know people love them but I can't stand it!

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I love WP8 and its fun having new things come to the OS and I have had plenty of other iphones and androids to make my decision solid.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Nope I pretty much decided today to abandon ship. My L920 has been given to my brother since he needed a phone to use. So I'm pretty much done now until I see what happens with WP 8.1. MS hasn't made the strides in just basic features to keep me.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I voted YES based on the assumption that MS actually supplies the expected updates and missing features with Blue. However, if WP8/9 is almost identical 2 years from now im not sure which OS ill use.

iGeorge23

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm definitely sticking. I have already bought the JBL Power Up speakers and the Nokia Purity in ear headphones, so I am hooked in the Nokia eco-system! Plus, I actually like using WP8. I like being different and standing out, because 99% of my friends all have iPhones or Androids.

mrdnauk

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes and No... There are a few apps i use which i miss from my Nexus 4 .. Plus lack of support from my bank which i hope changes soon as they support BB and lets face it they are dying a slow painful death .

But the main thing stopping me from saying yes which looks to be changing in the next couple month is Screen Size . Give me a 4.7" screen with a 320+ dpi and il be happy as pie i can earn live with no banking app

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I really want to stay, and plan to, but it is getting hard to not notice all the shortcomings we have. Mostly is all the little things that other OS have that we don't. I've been with WP since Dec 2010 with a first gen Focus. My current contract (L920) isn't up till Oct '14. If by then we are still missing many features that are present elsewhere, I may look into leaving. I really hope I don't have to, 'cause I do like WP more than the others. I also hope that by then, they have updates that work similar to Apple. Bypass the carriers and direct download of any/all updates. We'll see.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
While the os annoys me and the fact we lack some key apps that the other OS have, I hate android with an utter passion and I can't see me using the iPhone and I have no desire for BlackBerry. So I will stick with windows phone.

However should Nokia go android, I MAY consider that lol

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Its really a bridge you can't cross til you get there. There is absolutely no company or product I have a blind loyalty to. So for me, its all about where this platform is at that point.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
There are two things i miss from my android days, good audio book support and a file manager.

That's it.

Unless google do something completely eye wateringly compelling and ms simultaneously drop the ball so hard it breaks the continental shelf, then im WP all the way.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I too plan in staying with this ecosystem. It's still young and going through "teething pains", but I expect it to get better.

The one thing that I won't do, is buy another carrier branded, locked device. Only devices that are available worldwide, and updates come directly from MS and/or the manufacturer.

I always purchase my devices outright, so it isn't an issue for me (just save a little over time, till I have enough).

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Even in its current form, without updates or new apps, WP8 does everything I need it to (web browsing, email, phone/text). I don't really care too much for updates, especially after wp7.8 on my trophy introduced a ton of lag (likely on purpose to get me to upgrade). So in 2 years when my 928 contract is up I'll be buying a nokia 1328 with 88MP pureview :)

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
To sum it up, yes. I know my curiosity will always be there about other platforms, but this is my third time coming back to this platform. I think this is where I should be staying around. If anything, I might get an iPod touch. Windows Phone has came a long way and is becoming more and more of the phone I need it to be as my daily driver

Sent from something UHMAYZING using Tapatalk

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
IOS and Android will have to do something earth shaking to get me off WP in the immediate future, but one thing that the manufacturers could do to lose me is to continue releasing so-called "flagship phones" that have little or no useful storage space.

Say what you will about the iPhone, but I can at least get one with 64GB. Coming from 64GB iPhones to 16GB WPs, the one thing that I really miss is having enough storage for my music and audio books.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I dunno.... MSFT snails pace, carrier controlled determines phones future. Maybe Java has something better to offer when /if it comes to table.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss