How many of you are planning to stick with WP8 after your current phone?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Coming from multiple OSes and finally to a Lumia 720.
Used to change phones a LOT often, now I know whatever phone I buy next, it has to be a wp platform.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have an 8X right now, but if I don't see MS moving in the right direction in the next 2 years answering a lot of requests and properly implementing them, then I might go to android. Although, I really love WP, some things really do sting once in awhile with my android friends (I.e. Drisk, and other apps we might not have). But again, I'm in love with wp, and don't ever want to leave it so I have high hopes for MS! This is my second time around after my beloved LG Optimus 7

Edit: The reason why I'm saying this is because after 2 years of having WP7 device, and will be another with WP8, and I don't notice and significant tweaks, it'd be such a shame on my part. It's hard to stay that dedicated and trust a company after seeing 4 years of them doing nothing *cough* Apple *cough*.

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I ventured away from my N8 into the early days of WP7 on a HTC HD7 and didn't like it. The os didn't seem finished when compared to symbian.
Early days of WP8 have been so much better and it was enough to make me sell my N8.
I love my L920 and wouldn't have anything else (except for maybe the 1020).

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
If MS does nothing complete Wrong and Nokia keeps doing the great Work they do at the Moment i will Definitly stay!

I Also tried and still have Android and Apple Devices but since 2010 my Real Love is WP with its Modern UI and i hope i can be there till it gets really accepted on the Marcet! :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I ventured away from my N8 into the early days of WP7 on a HTC HD7 and didn't like it. The os didn't seem finished when compared to symbian.
Early days of WP8 have been so much better and it was enough to make me sell my N8.
I love my L920 and wouldn't have anything else (except for maybe the 1020).

Why do you think early (which is also late, nothing has changed really) WP8 was better than WP7? I still don't really feel a difference when just looking at the OS, except I still miss Zune...

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I was on wp7, now back on android but I'll swap to wp8/9 or bb10 or whoever depending on who's got the best sub-?200 off contract phone when it's time to swap (as I'm cheap).

speedy_klaxton

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I will be sticking with it, though that's not to say I don't think there's room for improvement. I've used iOS and Android (as well as Symbian for years)before and although they're good, and arguably more feature rich than WP (depends on what the user requires), they don't have the same draw for me that WP does.

I'd like to see larger internal storage and more of the "flavour of the week" apps but other than that WP ticks all the boxes for me.

Elephant2000

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't know yet.

I'll have my 8X another year if I don't break it. And then I'll decide depending on where the platform has progressed to. At the moment I'm not very optimistic to be honest. I really like WP but Microsoft's pace and the lacking interest of all manufacturers except Nokia frustrates me.

If WP becomes Nokia OS for low-range devices in eastern countries, then I'll switch definitely.

This is exactly how I feel. I would add, also, I would not buy a non Nokia device.

andraeseus

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
IDK at this point. They would have to fix some of there mistakes. They keep doing this band aid patch releases. They are only for small improvements. There are much larger problems. A new phone should AT LEAST be able to do what it's predecessors did and a little more. My experience with Nokia is that they will never give you the whole everything. Same with Microsoft. It's a numbers game. If customer needs ever come first then I will probably stay with WP*. Right now it's all about money. They pruposly ommited simple things for no good reason. It has me a little bit upset because I paid so much for the phone.

ganesha1991

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Surely I will stick to windows and nokia.
Because of unique feel that windows gives and the excellent camera by nokia.... I like metro UI more than android and ios...

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I plan to upgrade my L920 next summer or thereabouts to whatever Nokia flagship or 1020 update is available. I just really prefer the look and feel of metro, and I remain confident (at least hopeful) that we'll continue to see improvements to the OS and the Windows ecosystem. I can appreciate the polish and depth of iOS, but I no longer enjoy the mechanics of using the iPhone and I can't go back to a small device like that. I'm often amazed (and tempted) by the flexibility and control of Android, and the bleeding-edge-tick-every-box hardware, but using Android just never seems to be delightful.

I've also been really impressed with Nokia- their hardware, their software, their accessories and their overall approach is just solid. The reality is they are not Apple or Samsung or Google or even Microsoft. Compared to those companies Nokia feels like a boutique smartphone maker. And I like them that way. I'm happy to support Nokia and I couldn't imagine saying that about any of the big players mentioned previously. I might throw money at Apple, or sell my digital soul to Google or contract for services with Microsoft- but Nokia? I want to personally hand them a check, shake hands and say "alright partner, let's see what's next".

All that said, MS needs to get Windows 8.1 shipped, get through the holidays and then double-down on Windows Phone or I may have no choice but to jump ship on principle.

This really says it way better than I could. Aside from this, when I am feeling pissy about lacking a feature or a specific app, I googlebing "everything is amazing and nobody's happy" and that refreshes my perspective.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Im not sure, i like WP but MS works amazingly slow on it. It just lack of features compared to iOS or android.
But i wouldn't like to get back to android or iOS, they seem boring and dull to me.
Might consider Blackberry if it won't die until then...

rahul4aug

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I am running wp7.8 device and was highly disappointed when MS refused to upgrade to wp8. Now when I would be buying new phone most likely wp8.1 would be out. I would be on the same risk again that wp8.1 might not upgrade to wp9. So I do not think I can support wp after what MS did with wp7

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I am running wp7.8 device and was highly disappointed when MS refused to upgrade to wp8. Now when I would be buying new phone most likely wp8.1 would be out. I would be on the same risk again that wp8.1 might not upgrade to wp9. So I do not think I can support wp after what MS did with wp7

uhmm, us wp8 users will be getting wp9...

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
There's very little chance that we'll get wp9.
Microsoft NEVER said that WP8 users will GET WP9.
They just confirmed that WP8 users will get WP blue for sure.

j666w

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
depends on whats on offer? When i buy a phone i always look at the competition but if i do decide on wp8 it will definetly be a nokia

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss