Surface Pro 7 deal! Save big at Amazon right now

Hey there,

I've got an Issue with the Picture App on my Lumia 920.
    When you open it, there's the List of your recent taken Photos, Albums, Date and Contacts. When selecting Albums, there are a few Tiles.
    [Just so you know what I'm talking about.]

What I did do:
    I used to make a Folder on the Root Directory of the Phone for all kinds of Stuff. Just like Mass Storage, ya know, which I used as some kind of a Memory Stick.
    This Folder's Name is "[DATA]", so it will be located on Top of all the other Folders. I've been doing this for quite some Time with other Devices yet, without any Problems. So I did with the Lumia, as well. Until now.

Because lately, I put a Folder in there for Transfer to another PC, which... happened to contain a Picture somewhere within its Structure.
    The Picture App found it, and displayed it in its Album Screen. So, there was an Album which was called [DATA], containing all the Folders leading to the Picture.

Now, here's the Problem:
    After transferring, I removed the Content of the Folder via USB, and the Picture's gone... but the Album is still there.
    There is an empty, gray Album called [DATA] in the Picture App. And I just can't get rid of it.

I tired creating a new one and deleting it again, and renaming the Folder on the Storage via USB. Which didn't remove the Album.
    I tried deleting the Album from within the App. It faded away, but upon swiping out and back in, it was still there.
    I tried restarting the Phone. And guess what? It's still there. Right now.

I can't remove this empty, non-existent Album. I guess it's because its Name contains the [ and ], somehow.
    How do I get rid of it, now...?
    Last edited by TheBlackSun; 07-24-2013 at 02:59 PM.
    07-24-2013 06:12 AM
    It's possible there was a system folder called Data that you couldn't see but the phone thinks is something else. You could try a soft reset. If that doesn't work try formatting the SD Card or if it really bothers you, do a hard reset of your phone, maybe that would reset how it reads your SDCard and the albums displayed on the gallery.
    07-24-2013 12:01 PM
    If you consider the hard reset be aware all your data will be deleted and you have to install all your apps and info back on.
    07-24-2013 12:08 PM
    Well, there certainly was NO System Folder called " [DATA] " on my Phone.
    NOTICE both the [ before and the ] after the DATA. They're still Part of the Name!

Furthermore, the Lumia 920 has no SD-Card Slot. Just fixed Storage.
    I won't format that Phone Storage either, I'm not even sure if that would even be possible via USB.
    And by all Means, I most certainly won't do a Hard Reset either, since that would pretty much be the Impersonation of the Term "Overkill".

I had to do a [Soft] Reset because an App hung earlier today, and I don't see why this kind of Reset could possibly fix this Problem, at all. Which, BTW, it didn't.

This kind of Reset is just a forced "Switch off the Phone". So, whether I rebooted the Phone like usual or via Reset wouldn't make a Difference.
    It's basically the same. Cutting Power by either shutting it down, triggering a soft Reset or by a drained Battery is the same, after all.
    Last edited by TheBlackSun; 07-24-2013 at 03:02 PM.
    07-24-2013 02:27 PM
    Can you post a screenshot to show the issue?
    07-24-2013 05:44 PM
    Well how could I provide Screenshots of something that can't be explained with static Images?
    A VIDEO would help, showing how I tap "Delete", how the Album vanishes, how I swipe to the next Screen and go back, to show the Album has re-appeared.

Can't do that with Screenshots, can I.

*Addendum: Well there ya go, at least I tried.
    Attached Thumbnails 1.png   2.png   3.png   4.png   5.png  

6.png   7.png   8.png  
    Last edited by TheBlackSun; 08-04-2013 at 02:50 AM.
    08-04-2013 01:19 AM
    Got similar bug, have you managed to solve avoiding hard reset?
    10-11-2013 12:09 AM
    Same problem here, Lumia 920.
    10-11-2013 02:25 AM
    I've created an account just to post a solution! I'd had the same problem for weeks and I finally figured out a solution today:

(Don't forget to exit the "Photos" app using the back button before connecting the phone to a computer)
    1. If you haven't deleted the album folder using a computer, do it (open the phone memory on a computer and delete the folder).
    2. Create a new folder and give it the same name as the album in question.
    3. Copy a new random picture into the folder.
    4. Unplug the phone and make sure the new picture's showed up in the gallery.
    5. Connect the phone to the computer again and rename the folder to some gibberish, a single letter (like "a") is enough.
    6. Unplug and make sure the album's name's changed in the gallery as well.
    7. Connect the phone again and rename the folder to "Sample Pictures".
    8. Unplug and check the gallery again, the album should be named "8".
    9. Tap and hold the album and delete the sucker.

The steps above worked for me when nothing else had. Steps 3-7 are mostly just check-ups, they might not be essential but they indicate that you're doing what you're supposed to and that everything works as expected.
    SargeT likes this.
    02-09-2014 08:17 PM
    Aaaahhh damn you're genius, man! How couldn't have I guessed that, just plugged it, created that folder (hundredth time already, i swear), renamed it into f#$king sample pictures and then wiped it out on the phone without even unplugging it, all done without taking a breath! Folder stayed visible from pc, so i removed it there too, and it's finally gone from everywhere! Fuffff, finally, gone, my worst ex have never managed to be so annoying as this b#$ch, damn eyesore for every day. I'm gonna drink to your health tonight, man, thanks aloooooooot!
    03-16-2014 10:59 PM