Any way to backup SMS / text messages from HTC Titan?

xscess

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've just got new AT&T Lumia 920 and wondering...

(1) is there any way to backup text messages from HTC Titan / HTC PI39100 / Ver 7.10.7720.68
and restore them on to Lumia 920 / Ver 8.0.10211.204 via any app or any other workaround?

(2) is 8.0.10327.77/78 update out for AT&T Lumia 920 yet?

Thanks a million in advance.

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
But wouldn't doing this completely wipe the existing software, setup and data?

no. Interop unlocking is not the same as flashing a new firmware/rom. interop unlocking is just editing a few registry values. Very simple if you own a 1st gen WP7. Later versions are more difficult I think.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
no. Interop unlocking is not the same as flashing a new firmware/rom. interop unlocking is just editing a few registry values. Very simple if you own a 1st gen WP7. Later versions are more difficult I think.

It really depends on which phone you have. With Samsung and (I believe) LG, it's fairly easy to interop unlock. With the Trophy, there's no way to get interop unlock without flashing a custom ROM, which means you lose your text messages in the process. I would guess that the Titan is similar but it's a different generation so I'm not sure about that. You'd most likely have to look around over at XDA for that info.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Thanks again but the Transfer My Data app said it could only import contacts from HTC Titan, so no text messages. If there's any other app out there to backup/restore text messages please let me know.

Make sure your app is up to date, I have used it to transfer texts from my old Dell Venue Pro's and a Lumia 900, worked with all of them. Unless HTC has screwed with the Bluetooth it should work fine.

jeffmparker

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
When I hooked my Lumia 920 up with old HTC HD7 with Transfer My Data, it said it could transfer Contacts (but I didn't want that as my contacts are in the cloud) and SMSs, but only a max of 500 messages and not Sent ones. These limitations make this feature pretty useless unfortunately. I'm still wanting a way to transfer *all* my SMSs, or at last a way to save them in Word or something for future reference. Surely this will be possible one day!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I knew about the sent items limitation but not the 500 maximum. Sorry it didn't work, can't think of another way to transfer them at the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes