Office365 - WP8 or Blackberry?

dosto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I am a long time Blackberry user and currently use (and love) the Q10 as my primary phone. Recently, though, I began using Office365 (Midsize Business version) in my law practice. The reason I like Blackberry is because it helps me get my work done...calls, emails, texts. I don't care anything about games, Netflix or Facebook. Although I can easily link my BB to Office365 through Blackberry's "Business Cloud Services", the seemingly tighter integration of Office365 and WP8 is intriguing.

I would greatly appreciate some feedback from people who use Office365 with WP8. Specifically, email is very important to me. How does WP8 email linked to Office365 compare to how BB handles email?

If I picked up a WP8 phone, it would be the Lumia 925, since I'm with TMO. Thanks, in advance, for your feedback.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't use Office365. I do own Office 2013, use skydrive and office web apps and own a 920. I also own a Z10.

For me, integration between different Office products, skydrive and WP8 can't be beat when it comes to working with docs of different types. Everything syncs properly and easily. Email probably would be just fine on either.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If the e-mail you're using is an Outlook.com account, you'll make your life so much easier if you switch to WP8.

If you really have to compose e-mails on the go, and maybe even type a ten-page report while you're at it, stick to something with a physical keyboard.

The hardware (and e-mail) is on the BlackBerry side.
Microsoft services are on the WP side.

Your choice.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
The place I work at uses Office 365. We have both BB10 and WP8 users, and it definitely seems WP8 users are all round better connected to Office 365 than BB10.

WP's native email/calendar/contacts system is fine (could be better, but is greatly functional). WP also has Office Mobile and SharePoint integrated alongside access to apps such as Lync, SharePoint feed and Yammer.

For a company that is fully integrated with Microsoft's services (e.g. us), WP8 will be on top in terms of function and versatility, with iOS a close second place. But if you're a mix of services, e.g. Office 365 + Salesforce, then I find iOS to be the best solution, with WP8 tied for 2nd with Android.

If you're planning to just dip your toes, just grab a few Lumia 520s.

dosto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the 925 today from TMO, and am in the process of setting it up. I think I'm going to really like this phone. Thanks for the feedback.

dosto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick update...after several days, I'm really liking the 925.

As expected, it integrates with Office365 very well, which was the main reason for getting the phone. In general, the hardware is excellent, the OS is smooth and app selection more than satisfactory for my purposes.

One question about Office365 and WP8: are Notes from Outlook able to be synced to the phone? To date, I have not figured out how to do so; maybe I'm just missing something.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick update...after several days, I'm really liking the 925.

As expected, it integrates with Office365 very well, which was the main reason for getting the phone. In general, the hardware is excellent, the OS is smooth and app selection more than satisfactory for my purposes.

One question about Office365 and WP8: are Notes from Outlook able to be synced to the phone? To date, I have not figured out how to do so; maybe I'm just missing something.

Like notes made inside Outlook as in the program? I really do not know. I would consider making a new thread with this question. I am sure someone can give you a quick answer.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As far as I'm aware, outlook notes are not synced to the phone. I think that OneNote would be the solution going forward though, as that will sync.

Glad to see you're enjoying the transition to Windows Phone and that O365 is working so well for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos