best browsers for WP8?

Sean Miller4

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
IE actually is the best browser IMO, just update to gdr3 and you can hit the back button and hit the X to close apps, IE is the fastest full browser for phones as far as i'm aware it beats all others that are capable of desktop versions, andi believe gdr3 has IE 11. That being said who cares if the app is closed? I never understood this it doesnt affect battery or operation of the phone in the slightest eventually it will close itself if you dont use it again.

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
IE actually is the best browser IMO, just update to gdr3 and you can hit the back button and hit the X to close apps, IE is the fastest full browser for phones as far as i'm aware it beats all others that are capable of desktop versions, andi believe gdr3 has IE 11. That being said who cares if the app is closed? I never understood this it doesnt affect battery or operation of the phone in the slightest eventually it will close itself if you dont use it again.

I want to make sure I am correct, but now with GDR3, I can use the back button when going through webpages and not be kicked out of the app? That was the biggest frustration for me.

Sean Miller4

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
i think your confused about how it works, it has always been able to do that, what you cant do is goto another app then switch back to IE and then use the back button to goto previous page, if your in the browser and stay in the browser while browing the back button alwasy takes you to your previous app or page in the app no matter what app, so if you open IE then click on a link and it then click on another you can keep hitting back and it will take you to the previous page because that was your last place you were, if you open IE and then open another app then go back to IE the back button will take you back to IE from the other app but you if you use multitasking to get there then you will lose the back functionality in the browser, it was designed this way on purpose. it doesnt really have anything to do with IE its how windows 8 works, but if your switching back n forth between apps and IE then you pretty much dont have a back button, if you switch to an app and then hit the back button to get back to IE then your back button will still work, but you need to use the back button to get back to IE not buy reopening it from start or multitasking, if you reopen it your gonna lose it. This is not a glitch just the back button ALWAYS takes you to previous screen whether its a completely different app or another web page. and you can keep hitting it keeps track for as long as you boot the phone, its actually quite handy but people understand how to use it. IE doesnt technically have a back button, but its easily used for the phones back button as long as you know how .

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I like UC Browser a lot, but my one issue is not being able to set a default browser on the phone. So I'd like to use UC Browser and take IE off my home screen, for example, but anytime I click a link from an email or want to open something from another app it will take me back to IE. Not a huge deal, but would definitely be easier if we could just set defaults.

VahiDJ

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with all WP8 browsers except IE (including Nokia Xpress, UC Browser, Maxthon etc.) when I clicked a link to load it, and hit the start button, then change back to browser, it stops loading page, looks weird cause it has to load page in background.

is there anyone have this issue?

Abhinav Khare

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Have been using "Surfy" for some time, and have found it really fast and smooth. The app is very user friendly and never gets hanged. Found it better than uc browser, which did hang when i used Facebook. Another plus is that it has been continuously updated. Just what i (and perhaps, all of us) was looking for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos