Sharing store accounts between phones

straightaways

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyway to use the same store account between phones so you only have to buy an app once.

My girlfriend is looking at getting a lumia 920 but I'm hoping we can just use my store login to avoid buying all the same apps again.

So basically, is it possible to use her Microsoft account for the phone, and mine just for the store?

venom5150

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
You would both have the same contacts synced (if you have linked twitter and facebook those will also both sync up and would likely have to remove it from being linked. Or maybe you would be okay with that?), all the emails synced, and text messages at the same time unless you do not back up the "Chat". Its possible but It could be an inconvenience. I did it to my inlaws and they hated it. They had to get separate Outlook accounts after a couple days and reconfigure one of their phones with the MS account.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Don't do that. Unlike windows 8, the store account is the main account for the phone - the back up, the chat, Xbox music, Xbox games. And after setting that up, it cannot be changed without a hard reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo