Windows phone 8 and outlook.com

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Well its sad to see that windows phone 8 and outlook.com are not using their active sync technology to sync emails to the phone, its pretty lame to not have this level of integration between products of the same company, Skype is another example.....

Everytime I delete an email on the outlook.com website it doesn't get deleted on my phone(the way active sync should work) and even if I delete it from the phone the email comes back and I have to go into accounts and unselect email, wait until it syncs and re enable it.

My work account works great because its using exchange.

mattcald

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
There are some issues with outlook.com and WP8. My outlook.com email hadn't synced since Saturday. Turn off text messaging backups, and it should start syncing again...

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I have been seeing the same issue. As of late, the e-mails that I have deleted are coming back both as new and old messages. I have gone into my deleted folder and emptied it on Outlook.com. Something is fishy. I have it set to only go back three days (wish there was a single day setting for NEW only) and am seeing messages four, even five days old come back on the phone. I have two accounts setup sharing the same inbox and both are set to sync each hour. This is on Verizon 928 phone.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Just tried and deleted a message from Outlook.com and it was removed from my phone. Then deleted a message on my phone and it was removed from Outlook.com.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The default mode of ActiveSync is to preserve data usage. So, deleted items are not immediately synced until there is other stuff to sync, e.g. new email arrives. That's how it works in all mobile OSes although I saw some Android phone/app can customize this behavior to sync deleted items immediately. Not a big deal. It will sync those deleted items eventually.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Understood, but that is not what it is doing. I perform a manual sync right after I delete, and either old ones will come back in, or the ones just marked delete come right back in and possibly some from the previous day or two. Some are marked unread and some are marked read. Instead of ten that I just deleted, there might be thirty. Definitely something going on.

When I go to Outlook.com, they are not there. I even empty the deleted items folder, yet they keep showing up in my phone's inbox. Way too much manual operation for something so cutting edge. It is a mystery. :angry:

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I"ve been able to verify all of this, thanks I actually learned something new yesterday, you barely notice this when you receive tons of emails, and since my hotmail account doesnt receive many I thought that was the issue. although there are some emails that do get stuck and are unable to delete (you delete them and they just come back) hopefully this is fixed in GDR2 (although not a big deal, I rather have the battery loop/program loop fixed).

Understood, but that is not what it is doing. I perform a manual sync right after I delete, and either old ones will come back in, or the ones just marked delete come right back in and possibly some from the previous day or two. Some are marked unread and some are marked read. Instead of ten that I just deleted, there might be thirty. Definitely something going on.

When I go to Outlook.com, they are not there. I even empty the deleted items folder, yet they keep showing up in my phone's inbox. Way too much manual operation for something so cutting edge. It is a mystery. :angry:

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
what I do when this happens is go into accounts, uncheck email from the microsoft account, accept all the way out. wait for it to sync and then re enable it. you will need to move your hotmail icon back to where you had it and voila !!!

Oh good, it's just not me that's having this problem. I have an email from last Thursday that just won't delete off my phone.

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
There are settings in Outlook that stop your phone from deleting items in your actual inbox, make sure you change those settings. It's under "POP and deleting downloaded messages" in outlook.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I would say definite bug. Something is being missed by someone and it is causing bad juju to WP8. On one hand the word needs to get out so it can be fixed right away, but then the world will cry foul that Microsoft can't sync e-mail properly all under one roof!
:sweaty:

Matt Mizenko

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this on rare occasion. Seems to be one message in particular. I have fixed it by going to the Outlook account and under Items to Sync DESELECTING email. Then exist the settings, wait a sec, go back in and SELECT email. That seems to force some sort of a more thorough re-sync and flushes the offending message(s).

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
what I do when this happens is go into accounts, uncheck email from the microsoft account, accept all the way out. wait for it to sync and then re enable it. you will need to move your hotmail icon back to where you had it and voila !!!
Did this little trick and it did clear it out, for now. I'll chime back in after an hour (when next "natural" sync occurs). Still a pain if this continues to be the fix.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
After syncing, it seems to be working. I will update if the issue persists.

Still cannot locate setting mentioned above to switch deleting on/off. If you haven't clicked my avatar, it is a 928 on Verizon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte