Unable to add birthday calendar entries from phone

Oranges123

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone help me out with this, I'm wondering if there is something not setup correctly in my calendar.

On the phones calendar settings I have my calendar, the birthday calendar and holidays calendar categories enabled. On my email they are also turned on. However when I try to enter a date and try to select a one of the calendars I only have my calendar to choose from. The birthday and holidays calender do not show as an option.

On my email I can add a birthday to the calendar and it will show up on my phones calendar but it will show as "read only". Why can I not on my phone add, edit or delete an entry other than the one from the my calendar category?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I belive that the birthday calendar is just pulled from your contact list. So if you have a birthday there, you just need to add the birthday to a new or existing contact.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Make sure after you add the birthday to the contact, you go to your email, and click on sync, I just tested it and it appeared on my birthday calendar on outlook.com

Oranges123

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Did you have to go to your email on your PC? That is what I had to do for it to work for me.

I had initially synchronized it in Outlook on my phone but that didn't work, so I had to log on to my computer for it to appear in the calendar on my phone. I hope there was something wrong on my end as if its the case that you actually need to log in to your pc and sync it then that is not good imo.

Would have been nice to also simply do all this directly from the calendar on the phone. At least there is a way to do it, thanks for your help.

I belive that the birthday calendar is just pulled from your contact list. So if you have a birthday there, you just need to add the birthday to a new or existing contact.

Yeah seems both are linked closely. I noticed when I was just testing with the calendar I added a random birthday from outlook on my pc it then added it also as new contact on my phone.

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
yes i think it is based off your contact list because all mine are from my facebook contacts, and it then put them all in the "birthday calendar"

also this is what the settings look like on my phone & my calendar.live.com

wp_ss_20130803_0002.png calamedar.PNG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos