TellMe : Commands thread

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I will sticky this later on if there are enough commands floating about.

I realised today that to TellMe, you can dictate a text or email and when you say "Smiley face" it actually does :)
When you say "frowny face" it actually does :(

I thought these were hidden gems! Hence the inspiration to this thread. Have you tried something nice with TellMe? Share away..

Tip commands to try:

1. Smiley face: :)
  2. Frowny face: :(
  3. Double frowny face :((
  4. Press number will actually press number while you are on call.

Last edited:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I use press number. When going through a call menu or voicemail and you need to enter a number, just say press number and the number and it does it without having to pull up the dial pad.

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I would like to be able to schedule appointments on the Calendar using this. I would also like to have search results read to me.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I would like to be able to schedule appointments on the Calendar using this. I would also like to have search results read to me.

I would like it to make my morning coffee, but then this thread is about what it can do that most of us may not have thought of!

gab1972

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
You can also say "winky face" to get ;)

What I don't understand is why you can't say "comma" and have it give you a "," Like, say you dictate a text, "please pick up milk comma bread". That's exactly what you get instead of "please pick up milk, bread." Same goes for question mark and exclamation point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05