Soft reset doubled my battery life!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My dutch friend bought this to my attention 8 days ago and I concur, it did double my battery life - like for example I would have used my phone and its down to 67% - soft reset and im back upto 98% :cool: wth lol - tried this like 7 times and it worked. However the miracle juice unfortunately ran out a today but yeah it was an odd period nothing new installed on my phone and always used it as normal. My guess is some O/S process was going drunk on battery juice and a soft reset would knock some sense into it.

Only if the network supports automatic updating of date and time. My network does not so I have to manually set the date and time after a soft reset.

That's odd I never had to manually set the date and time after a soft reset and I have set automatically off.

Edit: Strike that above.. comment I thought I had auto updating off - I turned it off when was messing around with region settings.. how weird lol

Last edited:

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you sir! This helped my standby time alot , previously battery was draining inspite of not using the phone hence was getting close to 18-20hrs(before 10%) now its better..

I have "thanked" your post :)

RoarinRow

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Stupid question, how do you do a soft reset? I was thinking just powering off/on the phone, but sounds like it's something else?

Thanks!

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Stupid question, how do you do a soft reset? I was thinking just powering off/on the phone, but sounds like it's something else?

Thanks!

A soft reset is achieved by pressing and holding the volume down and power buttons until the phone vibrates. This is effectively the same as pulling out the battery which is useful for devices with a non removable battery.
The purpose of this reset is to clear the RAM and reboot the phone into a fresh state. You won't lose any data or personal information but if your network doesn't support automatic date and time adjustment you will have to reset the date and time yourself.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

g4njar

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Soft reset doubled my battery life! ,

i do not understand why.. i bought my nokia L620 since december 2013 and i do the soft reset in two times.. first reset is normal for the battery but when i do the second reset after full charging.. i used my phone but the battery is get quickly drown..

g4njar

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
i do not understand why.. i bought my nokia L620 since december 2013, and i do the soft reset only two times.. when i do the first reset the battery is normal. but after i do the second reset after the battery fully charged, my battery is getting down so fast.. , i beg the answer please.. thank you. :crying:

saBBfanBoy

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I got my L920, the battery life sucked from day one, few months later it still sucks. Tried every trick in the book and still no joy. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett