How come having it on vibrate doesn't silence game sounds?

hansonb2

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Just switched from a iphone to the lumia 1020 and it's such a big difference. I am enjoy it little by little but find it a battle to get accustom to the phone. So my question is about the vibrate feature. The iphone will silence all sounds if you place it on vibrate but with the windows phone it does not. I like to put the phone on vibrate when I play games so I don't have the games music/sounds blasting away annoying anyone around me. I know you can always turn the volume all the way down but I find that troublesome. Is there a quick way to do it and if not, where can I suggest that feature be included when its in vibrate mode?

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Because vibrate is for communication functions. If I'm playing music or a game, vibrate shouldn't mute them. That's what the volume control is for.

hansonb2

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you. I'm not saying the music from your playlist should be muted during vibrate. I was just talking about the video games/apps that make noise, why isn't it included in the vibrate featuer. I know the iphone allowed music to play during vibrate and I was hoping that it would be the same for my wp8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos