We all cringe at the thought of Samsung making wp8 devices, but it seems that they are trying to somehow step up their game by releasing some rather impressive apps for their devices. Similar to Nokia, they released a Video Trimmer app that lets you edit videos. More interestingly though, is their App Folder app, which is very neat and awesome app actually that lets you create 'folders' that include shortcuts to apps you like. The live tile also shows you what's in the folders.

Source: http://wmpoweruser.com/samsung-impre...WMPowerUser%29
    08-02-2013 06:47 AM
    interesting apps, not going to make people switch to Sammy though, but I hope these are the first steps for their proper comeback.
    08-02-2013 06:57 AM
    Hey guys
    Like the looks of the App Folder app (despite the many negative comments left on the article!).

Has anyone got to trying this yet? Interested to know if it could be set to the smallest tile setting, and if it can, how the icon differs between different folders.

Cheers!
    08-02-2013 10:06 AM
    Hey guys
    Like the looks of the App Folder app (despite the many negative comments left on the article!).

Has anyone got to trying this yet? Interested to know if it could be set to the smallest tile setting, and if it can, how the icon differs between different folders.

Cheers!
    I have it and the very first folder I made uses the smallest setting. The "App Folder" splash screen is slightly annoying, though. If it needs time to load I would prefer the traditional loading screen with the sliding squares.

And to the OP, I don't "cringe" at the thought of Samsung making WP. I love my Ativ S, and would buy an 8.1 version of the GS4 in a heartbeat. We aren't "all" Nokia fanboys. I like Nokia, and will probably buy my next phone from them if it's available on my carrier, but they have yet to put something where I can get it.
    08-02-2013 12:11 PM
    I have it and the very first folder I made uses the smallest setting. The "App Folder" splash screen is slightly annoying, though. If it needs time to load I would prefer the traditional loading screen with the sliding squares.
    It has a splash screen between clicking on it and showing what is in it? That seems like a pretty awful idea.
    08-02-2013 12:12 PM
    It has a splash screen between clicking on it and showing what is in it? That seems like a pretty awful idea.
    Every time you open a folder you see the splash screen before you get access to the apps. It's pretty lame...
    08-02-2013 03:25 PM
    Every time you open a folder you see the splash screen before you get access to the apps. It's pretty lame...
    I feel a little better not having it now! lol
    08-02-2013 05:11 PM
    Yeah it isn't a deal breaker, but ask me again in a few weeks lol
    08-02-2013 11:49 PM
    It got a bit better, they removed the splash screen, but it still loads very slowly.
    btw, the old request modifying trick still works and the app doesn't need APIs only on Samsungs, it runs well on my 820 :P
    08-03-2013 08:49 AM
    It does load a bit faster, but they need to make it like on IOS if possible... On my wife's iPad, when you open a folder it's instant.
    08-05-2013 09:46 PM
    It got a bit better, they removed the splash screen, but it still loads very slowly.
    btw, the old request modifying trick still works and the app doesn't need APIs only on Samsungs, it runs well on my 820 :P
    What was the trick you used to load it on your 820? I'd like to try it on my 920.
    08-05-2013 09:51 PM
    08-11-2013 12:27 PM