09-17-2013 04:40 PM
87 ... 234
tools
    Nokia has triple that
    I know that, I was replying to another poster who claimed Samsung had made no real effort with Windows Phone.
    08-06-2013 10:34 AM

Nokia to Samsung at a future Windows Phone wedding: "YOU WANNA GO?!?"

I rest my case.
    cckgz4 likes this.
    08-06-2013 01:01 PM
    Like Samsung has become the "face" of Android, Nokia has done that with Windows Phone. Kind of hard to erase a brand out of consumers mind.

Sent from something UhMEHZing using Tapatalk
    08-14-2013 03:24 AM
    Like Samsung has become the "face" of Android, Nokia has done that with Windows Phone. Kind of hard to erase a brand out of consumers mind.

Sent from something UhMEHZing using Tapatalk
    Samsung got erased even though lot of Omnias launched with Windows mobile as well Windows Phone.Samsung did equally great effort in the past , with Windows mobile/phone platform.

They finally went for Android because it didn't work out.

Its just a matter of time.
    08-22-2013 04:11 PM
    As much as i like Samsung, i seriously hope not.
    I honestly don't think any one else will give as much care and focus to WP8 than what Nokia have been giving,

If Samsung budged Nokia out the way and took on WP8 i could see them just abandoning it after a while, leaving us with just Android and IOS all over again
    WP8fan likes this.
    08-22-2013 04:18 PM
    We will see when GDR3 released. If they released their high end phones and mass produce every range of screen sizes to every carrier like they are currently doing with Android, Samsung will have a good chance. Nokia doesn't bring their high end phones to all carriers at the same time. They don't have the cash to do advertising like Samsung. They have to give exclusive to certain carrier in hope they can do advertising for them.
    I actually think that HTC is waiting on GDR3 more than Samsung is. Think about it: where has HTC been as of late? Now with GDR3 approaching, they start working on an HTC One variant for WP8. HTC has been with this platform a while and has shown immense interest in expanding it over the past years (not necessarily WP8, but other versions).

However, they haven't been able to do so because they thrive in the high-end market, reminiscent of its Android devices. With Nokia dominating the low end, no one has really broken through the high-end barrier in WP8 yet (even Nokia hasn't stabilized itself there, because of the variety from HTC 8X, ATIV, and Lumia 9XX and 1020).

GDR3 will allow for quad-core processors and larger screen sizes in phones. Along with HTC's stunning hardware and a range of color options, this update just smells HTC.

Adding these three things together, I feel like HTC will make a comeback as soon as Windows Phone 8 becomes more popular. Samsung doesn't need WP; they have Android handing them all their money. I believe that this comeback will start for HTC as soon as GDR3 and the One variant becomes widely available.
    08-22-2013 08:48 PM
    I like Samsungs computer monitors but not their phones. Nokia has a wayyyy better quality build.
    qudahamohammad likes this.
    08-22-2013 09:42 PM
    People seem to live with Galaxies short comings (cheap feeling plastic etc). They will make a nice light phone with 1080p, and if WP8 is big they will ADVERTISE Nokia out of the way.

They just have too much money lol.
    Not with the agreements between Nokia and Microsoft, and with the buyout by Microsoft, Nokia has become the OFFICIAL Windows phone, in a few years I believe that Nokia will be as OFFICIAL/EXCLUSIVE/VALUABLE to Microsoft as iPhone is to Apple.

As a result of this, Nokia will get more updates, quicker, and far greater comparability (runs smoother, faster, more efficient with better comparability with apps) with the Windows os. In my opinion anyway.
    09-07-2013 04:03 AM
    Samsung is the top Android dog right now agreed.

I heard this in some podcast and got me thinking
    "You know who could be Samsung of Windows Phones -- Samsung. The day they decide to get serious into Windows Phone thye will push and push like crazy until the inevitable."
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    09-07-2013 04:30 AM
    If WP gets big of course Samsung will jump in, they'd be dumb not to. As soon as Samsung would jump in they would start selling more than Nokia would. Samsung is increasing in marketshare so obviously the general public doesn't think the hardware is that bad. If you ask the general public which brand would they rather have I bet they say Samsung, not because of any particular reason but because nowadays the Samsung name is much bigger than Nokia. We all understand what Nokia can bring to the table but the general public by far outnumbers us.
    09-07-2013 07:42 AM
    In retrospect (did I use this right?), I feel that other OEMs will and should join the hunt if wp8 gets huge. Companies like HP, Sony, Asus, even Lenovo, because those companies have fantastic w8 pcs, and can benefit a lot by having their devices integrated.
    09-17-2013 04:16 PM
    I hope they will all come and join so that SONY will have to make a device for WP!

Not much to choice from if you take Nokia out of it.
    09-17-2013 04:40 PM
87 ... 234