WP8 good for my needs

davide445

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
With the new corporate contract I probably need to change from my much loved Nokia E61i, too slow for emails and the earphone doesn't work anymore.

I don't have many needs, no social apps no browsing no games and almost no multimedia. But I really want to have these features

- I use a lot of notes, both for personal and business use, and like to have all sorted by creation date.
- I also use a lot calendar, not only for appointments but much more to setup tasks for specific dates. I tried on a Lumia 925 and wasn't able to do that.
- I did like to have Skype/GTalk/Rebtel and also a generic SIP client
- want a stable system, no mess with bugs or updates
- I love to have a keyboard....but already know its impossible to wait for a qwerty Lumia

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
With the new corporate contract I probably need to change from my much loved Nokia E61i, too slow for emails and the earphone doesn't work anymore.

I don't have many needs, no social apps no browsing no games and almost no multimedia. But I really want to have these features

- I use a lot of notes, both for personal and business use, and like to have all sorted by creation date.
- I also use a lot calendar, not only for appointments but much more to setup tasks for specific dates. I tried on a Lumia 925 and wasn't able to do that.
- I did like to have Skype/GTalk/Rebtel and also a generic SIP client
- want a stable system, no mess with bugs or updates
- I love to have a keyboard....but already know its impossible to wait for a qwerty Lumia

1. Have you tried OneNote? Is work using MS business suite or Google?
2. Why couldn't you do it with L925?
3. You will have Skype of course. You will have to use 3rd party for GT. I've never heard of Rebel. What SIP client and for what use exactly?
4. Not with Android and I like Android. WP8 is much more stable.
5. I doubt we will see a hard keyboard WP8 device, but who knows? There isn't any talks of one in the works either.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

davide445

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
1. Have you tried OneNote? Is work using MS business suite or Google?
2. Why couldn't you do it with L925?
3. You will have Skype of course. You will have to use 3rd party for GT. I've never heard of Rebel. What SIP client and for what use exactly?
4. Not with Android and I like Android. WP8 is much more stable.
5. I doubt we will see a hard keyboard WP8 device, but who knows? There isn't any talks of one in the works either.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Yes I tried OneNote, but can't find a way to sort it by creation date. There are any way to list all notes and sort them?
On calendar I want to create an activity on a specific day, but I can only create an appointment, can't find any other option, missing something?
SIP client I want anything like X-Lite but on mobile, something I can use with any VoIP SIP provider such as mine Internet provider. There are many branded SIP client, that only worked with a specific SIP service. I want to be free.

davide445

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I think you'd be better of with a blackberry. A q10 to be exact.

From reading your post, that's a description of blackberry.

My current top options are

1. Nokia E6-00, old but effective, need only to understood if it's bug free and got the app I need
2. BlackBerry Q10/Q5, the problem is also in BB10 I can't find the above functions, and also it's newer than WP so might be not so stable
3. WP if none of the above it's a valuable options

davide445

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
#2 exists in both Windows Phone and Blackberry.

Can you elaborate some more.

The calendar feature? Just need to set in a day a task, not an appointment. Something without a elapsed time, just a reminder for an activity I need to to in a specific day.
I can't set a similar task in the calendar I test both in BB10 and WP8.

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
The calendar feature? Just need to set in a day a task, not an appointment. Something without a elapsed time, just a reminder for an activity I need to to in a specific day.
I can't set a similar task in the calendar I test both in BB10 and WP8.

The inbuilt calendar has a to do function available by swiping to the right. I used it today to remind myself to back a Kickstarter project.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb