Hey all, been wondering this for a long time. Figured I'd stumble across it by now but basically, if I open a PDF file from internet explorer, it downloads, then says tap to open so I do and it opens the file no problem. My questions is, where is the file downloaded to? I've looked all throughout office and search but can find nothing. I tried to download or copy from adobe reader but you can only delete. I would like to send this PDF manual to my uncle but have never been able to find the ones downloaded from IE.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks all!
    08-03-2013 03:48 PM
    If you use this app you can share the PDF to SkyDrive, then send it off to your uncle: PDF Reader | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I wish I knew where PDF files were saved on the phone, but I don't have any idea.
    danj210 likes this.
    08-03-2013 04:19 PM
    If you use this app you can share the PDF to SkyDrive, then send it off to your uncle: PDF Reader | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I wish I knew where PDF files were saved on the phone, but I don't have any idea.
    I'll try it out, thanks for the info. Hopefully someone can answer this, there's not much I don't know about windows phone.
    08-03-2013 07:54 PM
    Part of the infamous Other Storage..
    08-03-2013 08:58 PM
    Yes, other. In specific, what is called isolated storage, which is pretty much a sandbox for whatever app is running. An app can only access its own isolated storage, and not the storage sandbox of any other app.
    danj210 likes this.
    08-03-2013 09:38 PM
    Hey all, been wondering this for a long time. Figured I'd stumble across it by now but basically, if I open a PDF file from internet explorer, it downloads, then says tap to open so I do and it opens the file no problem. My questions is, where is the file downloaded to? I've looked all throughout office and search but can find nothing. I tried to download or copy from adobe reader but you can only delete. I would like to send this PDF manual to my uncle but have never been able to find the ones downloaded from IE.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks all!
    For downloading files uses UC Browser, it can upload the files to Skydrive.
    danj210 likes this.
    08-03-2013 10:12 PM
    Athough I use both, GetThemAll is better in my opinion, it allows you to load to your PC over local WiFi.
    08-03-2013 10:30 PM
    Haha, I have over 300 MB of documents on my phone, when I really don't. I did try playing around with large PDFs with Adobe Reader, but they didn't complete downloading. But I think they're still in there somewhere and I can't get them out of my storage...
    08-04-2013 09:59 AM
    Athough I use both, GetThemAll is better in my opinion, it allows you to load to your PC over local WiFi.
    Not sure if getthemall applies to this particular situation. But thanks for the response !
    08-04-2013 02:08 PM
    Not sure if getthemall applies to this particular situation. But thanks for the response !
    Actually, it kind of does. It stores them in its isolated storage, where you can manage them.
    08-05-2013 11:30 AM
    Sometimes you can see those downloaded documents when you connect your Windows Phone to your computer and examine your phone's drive (accessible from My Computer or Computer)
    08-06-2013 02:30 AM