I got a double scam from microsoft?

radu191289

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I had a hard time trying to update my HTC 8S because of a bug that was filling all the memory preventing the phone finishing the update. 3rd time went good. Now I tried to download the few games I like and I had a bad surprise: First, fruit ninja got "updated" and we need to buy the new version, the old one being completely removed, not nice... but even worst Bejeweled got a similar update, the older version is still on the market in some regions but I cannot download it anyway, I changed my region to UK, to USA but It's not available for me anymore. Btw, I paid 3euros for FruitNinja and 5euros for Bejeweled so It's not fair to completely remove a game that people paid for. My WP8 experience is getting worst each day. I can't understand how they have happy customers... probably they use the devices only to call each other and take pictures.
So can someone help me install Bejeweled again?

EDIT: same with doodle jump... I can't believe this...

Last edited:

radu191289

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks pank, but can you tell me where to send an email? Seems impossible for me to find it, I am running in circles from useless tips to useless tutorials and so on.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The deal with Fruit Ninja is not Microsoft's fault. That would be HalfBrick Studios. What they did is they published it as a new game, not as an update to the game. That's on them.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I heard that some people were successful in resolving these issues by using the live chat on Microsoft WP support page.

You go to https://gethelp.live.com/en-us/Pages/default.aspx then click on WP8 or 7, then hover over billing, then click on contact us, there use the chat option and talk to them about your issue, they might be able to help or point you in the righ direction.

Hope this helps.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The deal with Fruit Ninja is not Microsoft's fault. That would be HalfBrick Studios. What they did is they published it as a new game, not as an update to the game. That's on them.
yet if you read the sage wisdom from WPCs gurus you should just buy it again, because supporting bad dev practices should be the norm.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes you are right here, but what happened with bejeweled and doodle jump?
I can't answer that one, as I don't have the details, nor do I have any experience with using other countries' stores. I can tell you, though, that the publisher is able to choose what nations their apps are published in. It is possible that they stopped publishing where you are, whether intentional or not.

yet if you read the sage wisdom from WPCs gurus you should just buy it again, because supporting bad dev practices should be the norm.
Yeah.... I read it but I didn't follow it. The game never did much for me.

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Are you unable to go to windowsphone.com, sign in to your account and reinstall those missing apps from your purchase history?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
as has already been discussed, they pulled the app for WP8 users, even though it installed and worked just fine before. You cannot install an app that has been pulled.

TheGeekNextDoor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the worst features of Windows Phone in my opinion. On my iDevices, if I make a purchase, it is also downloaded through iTunes and kept up to date there. I keep all the versions of the files via Time Machine backups for when they do an update the hoses functionality.

Microsoft allows you to downlod the .XAP files for installation on your phone, but that only works if you have the advanced feature set of a micro SD card slot that is only available on the cheap Windows Phones. I do NOT understand why they can't allow you to copy the files over to your phone or install them through the Zune software. I have several apps that have been pulled from the store that I can no longer install on my new Windows Phone because of this issue. It is annoying to say the least because if a dev pulls an app that you love for whatever reason, you know that you will never be able to use it on a new phone. It makes Windows Phone a bad idea for relying on apps to make your life better when they could be yanked and uninstallable on a future device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte