all my videos are in duplicate/trplicate in xbox videos

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
my lumias filesystem appears corrupted. duplicate video files & Error code 83003018 when trying to delete them. i am not using a sd card, 2gb of space claimed by 300mb of video

am using the W8 "Windows Phone" app, it does show me the duplicate files (some , but not all are filesize 0) , but when i try to delete them (as admin) from the w8 ddesktop app it says cannot delete , err 83003018

any ideas what can i do, apart from a hard reset ? if only i had some 3rd party file system utilities...
thanks

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Even though this says music, maybe you can try it on video and see if it helps.

Duplicate music files?
This has been a fairly widespread problem especially when you're first trying to start to sort out music on your phone. If you've been trying to get files on your phone and just noticed there are 2 copies of each track and you don't know what to do, here are a few things you can do to fix the problem.

The first thing to try is: Open Xbox Music>Swipe the 3 dots at the bottom right of the screen upward>settings>Connect with Xbox Music>OFF. This will stop Xbox Music from trying to sync your music collection with the cloud, which it does by default.

If your problem persists try the following:

If you have a SD Card:

1. Format the SD card.
  2. Click the remove card option, then turn phone off, then remove the case, and then take out the SD card.
  3. Put the SD card in the computer and either sync with a program or drag the music files over into the music folder that was created after the format.
  4. Put the SD card back in your phone and you should find no duplicates.

If you have a phone with no SD Card:

1. Connect your phone to the PC.
  2. Go through My Computer and navigate to the Music folder.
  3. Delete all the contents of folder.
  4. Re sync your music collection to your phone.

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
thanks for writing, i had trawled through this forum for an hour and tried all of those before posting
in the end i did a hard reset, which cured the problem (like killing the patient to making room for the next patient is considered problem solving by some)

unfortuneately i put my trust in the windows phone backup feature under settings. it backed up happily, but you get only one chance to restore after hard reset, right at the start where it prompts you to enter your live id to validate it. the catch is at this stage most (aparrantly not the phone carrier used by the WP developer) phones are not setup to use cellular as they need a custom APN. setting up cellular later and you lost the chance to start the restore process.

no cellular = no restore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb