anyone ever use backup 'settings' before hard reset? works?

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
in theory, if i back up my
app list
settings
photos
videos
documents
calender
contact list
and do a hard reset , i can restore and have phone like it was. thats the theory. has anyone done this, what settings do you have to setup manually after? 3g? tile layout? alarms? thanks

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
You will lose app data when restored.
thats acceptable to me.

i use the two factor authentication app, does anyone know if that will work after i hard reset the phone? i suspect the authenticator app will be lost and to my knowledge there is no PC based authenticator app for windows, so my phone would be useless if i proceeded, to fix it i would need to buy or borrow a friends lumia, hard reset it ( friend wont be too happy about this) , set it up with my microsoft live account, install authenticator on this second phone and use it to give me the code to key into my original phone

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
finally they have fixed this in GDR3 (at least i assume it works, like i assumed the WP8 backup facility under settings worked)

i cant believe it took them a year to fix something this serious. This bug was two fold: any OOBE on a pay as you go data rate would result in around 20$
of data charges just to setup the phone first time and download all the updates.

second, anyone needing to reset their phone (to remedy the damage from any one of the many bugs which plague this OS) having read there is a
a backup facility built into the phone, one would assume it works, but later discover that it doesnt and that you lost you data after taking the trouble to back it up!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos