GDR2 and Amber update official tweet frm Nokia

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
it's my proper carriers firmware, explain how this will void my warranty when it rolls out OTA next week, how will they (Vodafone) be able to tell the difference????"????????

Your IMEI number, that and carriers can refuse repairs on phones that aren't running their firmware.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Your IMEI number, that and carriers can refuse repairs on phones that aren't running their firmware.

ok try reading my comment again slowly, I'm RUNNING MY ORIGINAL FIRMWARE , and flashing doesn't change you iemi number, there should be an aptitude test to get on this forum!!

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
They really shouldnt tweet something out when clearly, the Update is not available to update from the phone for just about everybody.

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
ok try reading my comment again slowly, I'm RUNNING MY ORIGINAL FIRMWARE , and flashing doesn't change you iemi number, there should be an aptitude test to get on this forum!!

I wonder the same thing so I asked Nokia care center in person a while back. And from their answer, what I understand was;

If you admit that you flash rom yourself and your phone got bricked, Nokia will try to flash it again for you. If the problem solved, this wont void your warrantee. On the other hand, if Nokia care can not solve the problem, they will say that you violate the warrantee by flashing your rom, and the will refuse the claim.

**** and not yet an amber update for Thailand.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
My wife's phone (820) got updated this morning, but mine (920) has not as of yet. I ran the update check function, but nothing showed up. Both of us are on ATT.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Nothing on my unlocked, unbranded 820 in the UK. I'm on the south coast. If I nip over to the Isle of Wight and point my phone towards France will that help? Or are we supposed to get inside a paper bag or something? (Um, that's to ward off nuclear bombs, not the French in general... Ed.)

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I wonder the same thing so I asked Nokia care center in person a while back. And from their answer, what I understand was;

If you admit that you flash rom yourself and your phone got bricked, Nokia will try to flash it again for you. If the problem solved, this wont void your warrantee. On the other hand, if Nokia care can not solve the problem, they will say that you violate the warrantee by flashing your rom, and the will refuse the claim.

**** and not yet an amber update for Thailand.

like I'm going to admit it haha !!! Running amber/gdr2 with no problems whatsoever

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo