starbucks app only in Mexico! Why?

luiislp

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows phone is growing really fast in Mexico... its becoming the new "blackberry" in there, so Im guessing Starbucks its must be a partnership between Windows Phone and Starbucks form Mexico

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
When i contacted Starbucks regarding a WP8 app, this was the reply i got:

"Thank you for your recent interest in downloading our mobile phone application. Unfortunately, there are no plans at this time to release a Windows Phone app. However, I do recommend that you keep checking back with us because it is a possibility in the near future."

So it sounds like they will release it worldwide in the near future ? In the US, the app could possibly support mobile payment and hence it's taking longer to develop ? (haha...i'm being optimistic here)

This has happened in the past...Dominos released their app in the UK market i believe and a few weeks later released it in the US.

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
So I wonder what the market share number is for WP in Mexico. I guess that number is the critical mass number major devs are waiting for here in the US. I wonder if it is higher than the Euro market share

bradbamford

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, there are no plans at this time to release a Windows Phone app. However, I do recommend that you keep checking back with us because it is a possibility in the near future."
That is the most backwards quote ever.
No plans means not a near term possibly.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
First, you need to understand how multination company runs. Then you will understand why Starbucks Mexico's app has nothing to do with Starbucks US.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss