Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
This forum is English only, please use English in all future posts. Thanks. Translation added:
It is disappointing to see that Microsoft has abandoned WP7 users, one thing can be sure Microsoft and is that 95% of WP7 users migrated to other companies, there is no justification in emerging markets such as Latin America where first fails the entire range of equipment offered and second when they faith telephony companies are responsible for abuse in pricing, we have to spend all this journey as users to access a computer by the time we got our hands is useless as in my case with NOKIA LUMIA 900 proclaimed the best phone of the year with titles and all, but after a few months longer receives not even updates or support for applications, when other companies to their first versions are getting the last update software. You can not even so if you want to upgrade to Windows Phone 8 that a voice of disappointment what you hear on the streets of Latin American people who have bought a WP7.

Sadly a company that has been part of our history as it is Nokia also will be affected by all this, but finally they are making the decisions on how to move the market no matter how it affects you or affects your pocket if you want to we buy a computer with WP8 having acquired new one with WP7 are completely wrong.

Es decepcionante ver como Microsoft ha dejado de lado a los usuarios de WP7, una cosa si puede tener segura Microsoft y es que el 95% de los usuarios de WP7 van a migrar a otras compa??as, no se justifica que en mercados emergentes como el latinoamericano donde primero no llega toda la variedad de equipos que ofrecen y segundo cuando llegan las compa??as fe telefon?a se encargan de abusar en los precios, tengamos que pasar toda esta traves?a como usuarios para acceder a un equipo que para cuando llega a nuestras manos ya es in?til como en mi caso con el NOKIA LUMIA 900 proclamado el mejor tel?fono del a?o con t?tulos y todo, pero pasados unos meses ya no recibe ni si quiera actualizaciones ni soporte para aplicaciones, cuando en otras compa??as hasta sus primeras versiones est?n recibiendo la ultima actualizaci?n de software. No puede uno ni tan si quiera actualizarse a Windows Phone 8 esa una voz de decepci?n lo que se escucha en las calles latinoamericanas de gente que ha comprado un WP7.

Tristemente una compa?ia que ha hecho parte de nuestra historia como lo es Nokia tambi?n se vera afectada en todo esto pero finalmente ellos son los que toman las decisiones de como mueven el mercado sin importar como te afecte o como afecte tu bolsillo si lo que quieres es que compremos un equipo con WP8 habiendo adquirido reci?n uno con WP7 est?n completamente equivocados.

Last edited by a moderator:

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree and felt the same way fir my Lumia 800. I switched to WP because the situation is even worse in Android. HTC abandoned its desire model and didn't provide an update for Gingerbread until way too late. I hated all that stuff. It is similar case with many other devices, unless rooting is done (riskily) you are left with old software. Windows Phone tried to solve it, but I completely understand why Microsoft had to do it since they were bringing WP8 onto the same kernel as Windows 8 which will pay dividends in the future for creating a unified OS.

Although I wish there were more support for WP7 users as you say, WP7.8 has had a few issues and some of them were solved. IMO WP7 devices laid a platform for WP8 and I hope the future for WP is better since the shift. Nokia has been affected by this but since the start of 2013 it has been showing good growth and the Windows Phone platform is performing well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss