no NFL Sunday Ticket

bigtoe88

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
DirecTV is doing "football on your phone". Well, unless you have a windows phone.

DIRECTV What mobile devices work with NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX?

First no MLB app, now this. I must say that at this point I made a mistake when choosing WP8. I still love the potential. But, having a windows phone just seems like I am punishing myself for no good reason. It has been 9 months! I am disappointed with my wp8 and if it wasn't for my contract Microsoft would lose me as a customer.

bigtoe88

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to be completely down on WP8. I am just very frustrated. And, as a sports fan I have to advise other sports fans to steer clear. No mlb, no Sunday ticket, no yahoo fantasy apps.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
If such things are important to you then why did you not check into it before buying a WP? Besides, why are you blamming MSFT? Direct TV states on their webiste with NFL Sunday Ticket you have acces to "EVERY GAME, EVERY SUNDAY, ON ANY DEVICE."

You should be speaking to the Direct TV folks if you feel you are being wronged, or cheated somehow.

bigtoe88

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
If such things are important to you then why did you not check into it before buying a WP? Besides, why are you blamming MSFT? Direct TV states on their webiste with NFL Sunday Ticket you have acces to "EVERY GAME, EVERY SUNDAY, ON ANY DEVICE."

You should be speaking to the Direct TV folks if you feel you are being wronged, or cheated somehow.

MLB had an app for windows phone last year. So, I assumed they would for this year as well. I understood that yahoo and DirecTV did not have apps in 2012, but my hope was that they would by 2013.

I do not feel that I am being wronged or cheated.

At this point the only one I am made at is myself. I made a bad choice. But, that fact doesn't bode well for wp8.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Not that I expect it to be any different if they do update it, but there's a note at the bottom that mentions:

BlackBerry and Palm devices will not be supported in 2012-2013.

Sounds to me like the page hasn't been updated for 2013-2014's season yet. But again, I doubt it'll change anything.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Just hang in there. If they (DirectTV) feel there is enough audience (paying customers) they will make an app. Also sounds like a good opportunity for a third-party developer. I've said this statement enough that I believe I will be changing my sig.

bigtoe88

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Not that I expect it to be any different if they do update it, but there's a note at the bottom that mentions:

BlackBerry and Palm devices will not be supported in 2012-2013.

Sounds to me like the page hasn't been updated for 2013-2014's season yet. But again, I doubt it'll change anything.

So you are telling me there is a chance!

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I know the way you feel as I've shared that optimism around 'next season.' Each year when a new sports season begins I think 'this is the year WP has enough marketshare to get an app' and so far no sport has developed an official app for them (other than the discontinued half baked MLB app). I know that Microsoft signed a huge licensing deal with the NFL for this year (Surfaces on the sidelines, XBOX integration to be announced) so I'm hoping they have WP as a part of that deal.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I know the way you feel as I've shared that optimism around 'next season.' Each year when a new sports season begins I think 'this is the year WP has enough marketshare to get an app' and so far no sport has developed an official app for them (other than the discontinued half baked MLB app). I know that Microsoft signed a huge licensing deal with the NFL for this year (Surfaces on the sidelines, XBOX integration to be announced) so I'm hoping they have WP as a part of that deal.

You beat me to it. This is my thinking too. I hope that it comes true.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My advice would be to contact them. While it does feel good to vent to others who can share your pain (like here), it really doesn't address the problem. I'm not saying don't post here - don't get me wrong. But contact them as well.

bigtoe88

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Woohoo just got MLB. It is a bit of a joke to get it in August. But, better late than never! At least it is progress and I am now holding out hope for other needed sports apps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss