Connectivity issues...

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I remember back when dear old Sir Clive announced that the newly released Sinclair ZX81 was so powerful it could run a nuclear power station (though he never mentioned whether or not it required the 16K ram pack to do so...). Ah, those were the days.

So, now that even my Lumia 820 phone is so much more capable than my old ZX81, how many nuclear power stations can it run? Also, where do I plug them in? Can I assume they are USB like everything else, or will I be able to use Bluetooth?

That should increase battery time...

Last edited:

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps being a little more clearer would help on the problem you are having or question?

What phone do you have ? Are you asking about wireless charging ? Problem with Battery ?

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Nuclear power plants are a thing of the past. It's all about wind farms and solar now. I guess there are still a few around so, with modern phones, I would say maybe 3 to 4 plants in theory. They are being retrofitted with Bluetooth as we speak as it would be impossible to add a USB port to existing plants due to cost restraints and new EPA regs. But, of course, you would only be able to really control 1 plant. To control any more would require moving the plants to within 30 feet of each other.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Yea I suppose. It's a shame the 820 doesn't have class 1 Bluetooth, that'd help with the squeeze. Still, in the UK we've just commissioned a nice new set of nuclear power stations so they're still trendy here.

Perhaps WiFi would work better?

[Sorry Corepc, this is a type of humor much enjoyed in the UK technically referred to as 'maintaining the deceit'. Sorry to confuse you.]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb