Text Message Backup

derDaniel

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks,

so I got this email this a few days ago and read something about it on wpcentral.com.
It's about the chat message backup feature. I am referring to the feature to backup my text messages from my phone. How am I supposed to move text messages to an other folder without losing them on my phone?

When I move an email to an other folder, it will disappear on my phone.
Is there a way to duplicate the emails and them move it to an other folder?

Cheers,
Daniel

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I've already moved all of my messages to another folder on Outlook.com but it hasn't affected the same messages on my phone. They have stayed intact and haven't been removed.

derDaniel

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So this mean I do not have to move any messages, since everything is saved on my mobile device.
After the reorganization by MS, I just have to sync my messages from my phone to the new memory place, where ever that is..

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it works like that to be honest. My thinking is that only new messages are backed up as and when they are sent and received. I don't think that we are able to sync or backup older messages that are already on the phone.
So, to be on the safe side of things I would recommend that you move all of your messaging history to a new folder on your MS account on line. I actually just selected all my messages and clicked on Archive then chose the "Create Archive folder" option. As I said earlier, all of my messages (Facebook and SMS) are still on my phone which sort of confirms for me that the messaging app on the phone only synchronises new messages to my Live account and doesn't remove any messages from the phone if they are moved or deleted from my Live account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss