Syncing Calendars from 2 outlook.com accounts

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a personal email and a work email. 2 separate outlook.com accounts.
Is there a way to sync both calendars from those 2 accounts?
ie: If I update my A calendar, I want to be able to see these updates on my B calendar.

Now I know MS recently decided to stop the account linking and promote Aliases. Which is ok if I can just manage 1 calendar under 2 accounts (1 as alias).
But I've read everywhere that you cannot sync an individual alias account in Windows Phone. Which is important because if I use my WORK email as an Alias I won't be able to do anything with that account on my WP8 device correct?

The main reason I ask is, my 920 is registered under my Personal Account, but I need it to be able to display my Work Schedule as well.
3rd party apps may be the answer to this, but I would also appreciate any information about controlling the Alias account with Windows Phone 8.

Thanks in advance!

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply but I'm not 100% sure what you mean by go to accounts and add the work.

I know I can see my updated Calendars from 2 accounts on my WP. But on Desktop, If I have account A and account B, I want account B's calendar to sync with account A's.
Both outlook.com accounts so it will be strange if it can't sync..

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure there is a way to make calendar B show what's on calendar A, unless you add events to both calendars at the same time (i.e. invite your other email address each time you create an entry). You could try logging into Outlook.com and having a look at the calendar settings in terms of sharing and subscribing to other calendars - but this would result in a unified view rather than having individual calendars echoing what's in the other. Obviously with the Windows Phone calendar app you also can see a single calendar that unifies both calendars, if you have both accounts set up to sync with your phone - which is possible even if you already have your personal account setup as the main user, you can just go to settings>email+accounts>microsoft account and configure the email and calendar there.

The only other option may be to just use one calendar for work and personal events?

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks I will give them all a try. I could just use them separately, but recently MS disabled the linked accounts option so I can't switch back and forth and need to log out/in 2 diff accounts now. I don't want to make account B a alias yet since I've read I can't control it with WP (?)
Will post back if anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel