Surface Duo is on salefor over 50% off!

08-11-2013 05:35 AM
66 123
tools
    what actually driver mode is? explain it in layman terms
    08-09-2013 11:19 AM
    When you pair your phone with your in-car device/machinery, the phone switches to a more simple, "bigger-button" UI so you can easily press the buttons, because you're driving.

Was that simple enough? :)
    08-09-2013 12:48 PM
    Eh. I'm sick of hearing about updates that are coming when we know they'll be ready long, long before we even get them to our phones. This whole process is a complete joke.
    That's your own fault for reading about these updates. Stay away from sites that deal in rumors and you'll be happy.
    rockstarzzz and Xpider_MX like this.
    08-09-2013 01:21 PM
    It also features a hologram mode, in which the phone hovers and spins rapidly while projecting an image around it, giving a 3D holographic "image". This is not a rumor - I've seen it myself.

I see it too. . . .

<"Dave's not here" -- in my best Cheech & Chong>
    08-09-2013 01:40 PM
    I just hope that Windows Phone stays like Windows Phone.
    08-09-2013 08:45 PM
    They said, Microsoft wouldn't put Orientation Lock in GDR3, They said.
    08-09-2013 08:47 PM
    I just hope that Windows Phone stays like Windows Phone.

What do you mean " Windows Phone stays like Windows Phone"?
    08-09-2013 08:50 PM
    http://www.carameldream.net/huh.gif
    What do you mean " Windows Phone stays like Windows Phone"?
    He means like iOS7
    08-09-2013 09:07 PM
    He means like iOS7
    IOS7 isn't that bad of an update though.
    Last edited by psudotechzealot; 08-10-2013 at 06:07 AM.
    tissotti likes this.
    08-09-2013 09:58 PM
    IOS7 isn't that bad of a update though.
    I find the new color scheme horrible.
    08-09-2013 10:02 PM
    Its not a color scheme as much as it is a complete design overhaul. They're not using shadows and gradients, just flat minimalist design. Having had access to the beta I've really enjoyed iOS7, and its tempting me to get a refreshed mini when they release.
    08-09-2013 10:11 PM
    Driver mode makes no sense to me at all...
    If you have bluetooth in your vehicle, and connect to use it, you more than likely want to use it to accept calls... So why would you want the option of having your calls automatically rejected?

The time I want my calls rejected is when I'm in the car and I DON'T have bluetooth.
    08-09-2013 11:53 PM
    IOS7 isn't that bad of a update though.
    I don't mind iOS 7, but i hope Windows Phone doesn't have a major design change as i like it (and possibly many others) how it is currently.

Some of these changes for GDR3 look pretty good, i wonder if there will be a GDR 4 afterwards. :)
    08-10-2013 01:46 AM
    I don't mind iOS 7, but i hope Windows Phone doesn't have a major design change as i like it (and possibly many others) how it is currently.

Some of these changes for GDR3 look pretty good, i wonder if there will be a GDR 4 afterwards. :)
    I seriously doubt that MSFT would do that. The only "major design changes" I see MSFT making in WP8.1 are background wallpapers and adding more tile/background colors.
    Mahdi Ghiasi likes this.
    08-10-2013 06:20 AM
    I seriously doubt that MSFT would do that. The only "major design changes" I see MSFT making in WP8.1 are background wallpapers and adding more tile/background colors.
    Please Please Please Pretty Please!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-10-2013 06:52 AM
    In my opinion, I think Microsoft has left the left-to-right swipe on the home screen for a reason. Most of the apps and settings menus have a panoramic view. But the home screen seems out of place without that same panoramic view.
    They could at least have had the settings menu to the left of the live tile interface.
    08-10-2013 07:05 AM
    More ringtones and text tones and alert tones and custom tones for everything?
    08-10-2013 08:35 AM
    I'd like to be able to prioritise certain apps to remain longer in the Multitasking section. Just so that less important apps are dropped from the list first even if they we're not first opened. Priority should not extend more than a day though and the priority should be removed after that day until it's opened again.
    08-10-2013 09:09 AM
    They said, Microsoft wouldn't put Orientation Lock in GDR3, They said.
    What!! NO.... :(
    08-10-2013 09:41 AM
    In my opinion, I think Microsoft has left the left-to-right swipe on the home screen for a reason. Most of the apps and settings menus have a panoramic view. But the home screen seems out of place without that same panoramic view.
    They could at least have had the settings menu to the left of the live tile interface.
    Actually if If they could add a notification centre to the left with some customizable toggles / shortcuts for quick settings In WP 8.1 maybe? (it's been covered there is a concept in the works and will be in 8.1 i hope!)

(Before people start flaming me for bring that up, think about it before you do! lol)

For instance your in a very active group chat on whatsapp as an example I'll use my old school friends recent reunion - there is 30 of us in the group (including myself). I leave my phone on the side after backing out of whatsapp and I come back to find phone just spazzing out completely with 436 unread messages... so I mute it. In stead of having to go through and trawl all the through the messages to see if someone asked me question (let alone sending a broadcast). If I could simply swipe to the left and check there (where you can turn it off and when back on again it pulls down the pending notifications), sure I could pull down the messages in whatsapp (you are limited to 16 time pull downs) try doing that when 29 people are sending messages - it is practically impossible. (Email chat history doesn't contain all messages either).

Here's another one, I have two accounts on my phone, the work email I use predominately another a personal MS account which gets no emails other than general MS messages but its only for the phone therefore I have no reason to waste space on my start screen. Yu Ming the dev of skinnery sent a beta request to it and since it's not pinned I completely missed it.

I can go on and on with examples, people who say its not needed you guys clearly need a break from your phones!

This is my start screen everything I use on a daily basis is on it.
    wp_ss_20130808_0001.png
    08-10-2013 09:57 AM
    Microsoft please listen to your ******* consumers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is file manager?
    USB tethering ?
    Custom background behind tiles?
    tissotti likes this.
    08-10-2013 12:00 PM
    Microsoft please listen to your ******* consumers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is file manager?
    USB tethering ?
    Custom background behind tiles?
    I'm a MS customer and I don't really need custom background or file manager. I want they spend their time with useful features.
    08-10-2013 12:26 PM
    I'm a MS customer and I don't really need custom background or file manager. I want they spend their time with useful features.
    And this is case in point. Doesn't matter what ms do, it pisses someone off, or someone has something else that's more important they want implementing.

Ms are listening, but eeveryone's singing a different song.
    Mahdi Ghiasi likes this.
    08-10-2013 12:35 PM
    And this is case in point. Doesn't matter what ms do, it pisses someone off, or someone has something else that's more important they want implementing.

Exactly.. you can't please everyone and what may work for you may not for someone else - some just don't understand that others don't have the same preference.
    08-10-2013 12:38 PM
    Custom background is just eye-candy. File Manager could be useful. I don't know what USB tethering is, though.

MS might be listening, but they are moving too slowly. Let's not give them a pass.

Exactly.. you can't please everyone and what may work for you may not for someone else - some just don't understand that others don't have the same preference.
    Do we all agree that independent volume control and HDMI output are missing? Some preferences are quasi-unanimous and should have been implemented a long time ago.
    tissotti and Mahdi Ghiasi like this.
    08-10-2013 12:49 PM
66 123