Leaked GDR3 features...

safeer2222

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure about this

So here?s what?s coming in GDR3:

1.Orientation Lock
2. Driver Mode, will turn on automatically when you connect it via Bluetooth. Can reject phone calls / sms and send auto reply back
3. Ability to have 3 medium sized tiles in a row
4. 1080p / new SoCs, which we knew for quite some time now

Other features that are currently being tested and are likely to be pushed to GDR3:

80% chance

-Ability to actually close the apps via multi tasking

60% chance

-Silent NFC (meaning no more constant confirmations for pairing something)

Source:wmpoweruser

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't follow. If there is currently space for 2, how would 3 be possible? Would they scroll left and right off the screen? A new 4th size option?
This pertains to higher resolution screens (1080p). Higher resolutions makes the tiles appear smaller. Therefore, more room becomes available for a 3rd row.

Samst22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The source comes from Reddit. Tom Warren on the Verge has also posted the same features saying that he has been contacted by a reliable source. Glad for rotation lock, should have been here from the start. I wish they could work it into the volume keys somehow, rather than the pain of having to go back to settings.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Glad for rotation lock, should have been here from the start. I wish they could work it into the volume keys somehow, rather than the pain of having to go back to settings.
Or, as the competition has done, provide an interface for easy access to settings toggles.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The news stories on the photochop pictures are six months old. The nanotube one is from the Register in February.

Of course, it's possible to hack old photos with visualisations of new rumours, but I'm not reading anything into this.

-Ability to actually close the apps via multi tasking

Doesn't really seem plausible, since apps are tombstoned when not visible (i.e. not running).

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Nice features, looking forward most to being able to kill apps via multitasking. Also, hope that MS implements a task manager like solution so users can check cpu n memory usage.

Samst22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Some sort of quick access to settings menu doesn't necessarily have to go again UI conventions. I'm not saying the should copy. If Microsoft can come up with a way of doing it while keeping it metro, then that's only a good thing and would only improve the user experience.

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
2. Driver Mode, will turn on automatically when you connect it via Bluetooth. Can reject phone calls / sms and send auto reply back

I hope that isn't an automatic mode that can't be overridden; what about people who use Bluetooth headsets?

Will GDR3 fix the problem that GDR2 bricks some phones?

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
when are they going to implement sound profiles, having the same profile for headphones, speakerphone and ringer makes no sense

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It also features a hologram mode, in which the phone hovers and spins rapidly while projecting an image around it, giving a 3D holographic "image". This is not a rumor - I've seen it myself.

:wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire