Leaked GDR3 features...

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion, I think Microsoft has left the left-to-right swipe on the home screen for a reason. Most of the apps and settings menus have a panoramic view. But the home screen seems out of place without that same panoramic view.
They could at least have had the settings menu to the left of the live tile interface.

Mars2003

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to be able to prioritise certain apps to remain longer in the Multitasking section. Just so that less important apps are dropped from the list first even if they we're not first opened. Priority should not extend more than a day though and the priority should be removed after that day until it's opened again.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion, I think Microsoft has left the left-to-right swipe on the home screen for a reason. Most of the apps and settings menus have a panoramic view. But the home screen seems out of place without that same panoramic view.
They could at least have had the settings menu to the left of the live tile interface.

Actually if If they could add a notification centre to the left with some customizable toggles / shortcuts for quick settings In WP 8.1 maybe? (it's been covered there is a concept in the works and will be in 8.1 i hope!)

(Before people start flaming me for bring that up, think about it before you do! lol)

For instance your in a very active group chat on whatsapp as an example I'll use my old school friends recent reunion - there is 30 of us in the group (including myself). I leave my phone on the side after backing out of whatsapp and I come back to find phone just spazzing out completely with 436 unread messages... so I mute it. In stead of having to go through and trawl all the through the messages to see if someone asked me question (let alone sending a broadcast). If I could simply swipe to the left and check there (where you can turn it off and when back on again it pulls down the pending notifications), sure I could pull down the messages in whatsapp (you are limited to 16 time pull downs) try doing that when 29 people are sending messages - it is practically impossible. (Email chat history doesn't contain all messages either).

Here's another one, I have two accounts on my phone, the work email I use predominately another a personal MS account which gets no emails other than general MS messages but its only for the phone therefore I have no reason to waste space on my start screen. Yu Ming the dev of skinnery sent a beta request to it and since it's not pinned I completely missed it.

I can go on and on with examples, people who say its not needed you guys clearly need a break from your phones! :winktongue:

This is my start screen everything I use on a daily basis is on it.
wp_ss_20130808_0001.png

pcangeldust

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft please listen to your ******* consumers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is file manager?
USB tethering ?
Custom background behind tiles?

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft please listen to your ******* consumers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is file manager?
USB tethering ?
Custom background behind tiles?

I'm a MS customer and I don't really need custom background or file manager. I want they spend their time with useful features.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm a MS customer and I don't really need custom background or file manager. I want they spend their time with useful features.

And this is case in point. Doesn't matter what ms do, it pisses someone off, or someone has something else that's more important they want implementing.

Ms are listening, but eeveryone's singing a different song.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
And this is case in point. Doesn't matter what ms do, it pisses someone off, or someone has something else that's more important they want implementing.

Exactly.. you can't please everyone and what may work for you may not for someone else - some just don't understand that others don't have the same preference.

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Custom background is just eye-candy. File Manager could be useful. I don't know what USB tethering is, though.

MS might be listening, but they are moving too slowly. Let's not give them a pass.

Exactly.. you can't please everyone and what may work for you may not for someone else - some just don't understand that others don't have the same preference.
Do we all agree that independent volume control and HDMI output are missing? Some preferences are quasi-unanimous and should have been implemented a long time ago.

pcangeldust

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site

Just because you don't want it or need it, doesn't mean they shouldn't implement it in their OS.
This is what you call options, they are not forced against you but you have the choice to use them if you want.
Yes custom background behind tiles is not important but it would be nice to have the option to customize your phone to your pleasing. Give me one reason why it shouldn't be an option.

Also a file manager and USB tethering are basic features missing from the OS.
If you want to compete against android and apple you need to atleast have the basic features down.

Custom background is just eye-candy. File Manager could be useful. I don't know what USB tethering is, though.
USB tethering is when you plug your phone into the PC you can use the mobile internet from the sim to browse etc.
It is better than Wifi tethering especially for desktops, you get to charge the phone whilst using the internet. I find it more convenient + you PC does not require a wireless card.

MS might be listening, but they are moving too slowly. Let's not give them a pass.

Do we all agree that independent volume control and HDMI output are missing? Some preferences are quasi-unanimous and should have been implemented a long time ago.

pcangeldust

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I wrote a nice reply why does it need moderator approval.

Anyway USB tethering and a file manager are basic features required if wp8 want to compete with android and apple.

Custom background and that are just icandy and allows you to customize your phone to how you like it.

BTW all these are options and just because you don't want them does not mean the option should not be implemented!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I wrote a nice reply why does it need moderator approval.

Anyway USB tethering and a file manager are basic features required if wp8 want to compete with android and apple.

Custom background and that are just icandy and allows you to customize your phone to how you like it.

BTW all these are options and just because you don't want them does not mean the option should not be implemented!

The reason it gets moderated is due to problems with spammers. Keeps most of the spam out but unfortunately it does also catch false positives. But any false positives will be approved for viewing by a mod. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05