Kids Corner: Not Just for Kids :)

anon(5468609)

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft should really spin off with this "Kids Corner" feature because it allows me to have an entire screen of apps that don't require a code to access.
Although in practice, you have to actually enter your code once to get to the screen, it is a really nice way to show a collection of apps like different lenses. :smile:

Since I bought my Lumia 920 (and now living with my 1020) I have acquired a lot of photography apps/lenses.
I may be suggesting that WP have multiple screens, but I really like the ability to differentiate between apps that need security, and apps that don't.

I hope WPCentral notices this post and makes a feature about it on WPCentral. I think a lot of Lumia users could benefit from using Kids Corner as a something for themselves. I also think it would be nice to have more than one screen, but I'm happy with the way it is. :smile:

wp_ss_20130809_0001[1].jpg
wp_ss_20130809_0003[1].png

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I did already think of Kid's Corner as more than the name suggests. I like what you did though with the photography content.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I would use it more if I could disable the password on it while maintaining my main start screen password. That kinda eliminates the point of a separate kids/quick access area.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I would use it more if I could disable the password on it while maintaining my main start screen password. That kinda eliminates the point of a separate kids/quick access area.

Not sure if I understand you correctly, but you can have a password on the main portion but not on the kids corner....generally that is how it is setup.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Really?? Everytime I've set one up, I have to use either a password for both or none for both.
That's weird. You'll need a password set (maybe?) for your device. On the screen when you hit the power button, swipe left (or is that swiping right? The screen is to the right of the main screen.) So Swipe over, then swipe up, no password. Just swipe up, and it exposes your password screen. Needless to say, my wife is jealous that she can't setup a different "screen" for the kids on her iPhone5.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
That's weird. You'll need a password set (maybe?) for your device. On the screen when you hit the power button, swipe left (or is that swiping right? The screen is to the right of the main screen.) So Swipe over, then swipe up, no password. Just swipe up, and it exposes your password screen. Needless to say, my wife is jealous that she can't setup a different "screen" for the kids on her iPhone5.

I guess before I was just going crazy! Lol jk, but in WP8's Help + Tips it says that if I turn off the screen and let the password kick back in that I would have to enter it into Kids' Corner. Maybe that was my issue before.

emagius

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I wish I could add the Messaging, Phone and Photos apps to Kids Corner. Then I could give my parents WP8 devices and not have to worry about them unpinning apps or accidentally launching Bing.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I still have to enter my password for Kids' Corner... After not using my phone for awhile, I had to access the corner (for quick access apps like flashlight, translator, etc.), but I had to enter my password! Kinda counter-intuitive.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I was just trying to setup this kids corner thing for the first time here on my 920.. umm how do you get to it? Swipe right? Mine's not working...

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was just trying to setup this kids corner thing for the first time here on my 920.. umm how do you get to it? Swipe right? Mine's not working...

You need to go to settings and turn it on first.

I don't think kids corner is that secure. Using the customze button, my kids (if i had any) could see all my pictures :/

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I like the Photography apps too, but I set up my Kids Corner like this:

Dual Lock Screen photo (half & half)

Last edited:

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
This would be great if on kids corner i could use and see some stuff i can't on a regular homescreen. Like some apps and photos/videos that you can only view in the Kids corner.

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
This would be better if I could pin things from apps in it. Like, instead of just pinning Pandora, if I could pin my station from Pandora.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Kids corner is great for showing folks your phone. If I'm showing off my WP8 device, I'd rather give them access to what I'd like... this avoids awkward situations.

One customer... I caught going through my sms. They hit the start button thinking it was closed. Probably didn't know how to multitask to see what was open.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to create a study/school section for my Kids Corner when the semester starts

Sent from something UhMEHZing using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs