Install any manufacturers app from one place!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

orion26

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
The proxy settings work on my HTC 8x (Verizon branded but unlocked). Unfortunately the one app I really want/need does not come up in any search I try. Nokia Access Point is my hope to be able to fix the APN MMS settings since for some reason Verizon hid the option to change those settings and thus no MMS messages for me (on Straight Talk). Grr

Cheers,
Marc

PS - the search works but I have no idea if the apps do as I did not try to install any.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The proxy settings work on my HTC 8x (Verizon branded but unlocked). Unfortunately the one app I really want/need does not come up in any search I try. Nokia Access Point is my hope to be able to fix the APN MMS settings since for some reason Verizon hid the option to change those settings and thus no MMS messages for me (on Straight Talk). Grr

Cheers,
Marc

PS - the search works but I have no idea if the apps do as I did not try to install any.

Access point is a Nokia System App and won't work even if you manage to install it somehow. There is an HTC Connection Setup app that you could try

Fuad Huda

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I have lumia 520,. I just can instal nokia camera, refocus, storyteller,. And some app from samsung like photogram and paper artist,. For other app.. I just can download but failed to instal,. Why,. Or because using GDR3,.?

orion26

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Access point is a Nokia System App and won't work even if you manage to install it somehow. There is an HTC Connection Setup app that you could try

Unfortunately that HTC specific app does not work on my phone, likely because there is no Straight Talk support yet. MMS messages not coming through is not the worst thing ever, just fairly annoying that an "unlocked" phone is still locked down in the system settings.

ZkT

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
if anyone want try this proxy: 103.13.29.118, port: 8888

I got App Folder thanks to this guy and I'm using Developer Preview. Just look for the app you want in SysApp Pusher (i assume you know this app)

Edit: I own a Lumia 920

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
For those who do care, and don't know, what is being discussed here is illegal. It is called software piracy. Simply, if you are using software that you are not authorized to use by the creator of that software, you are stealing. If you have a Lumia, then Samsung didn't authorize you to use the software that they created for their Windows Phones. Likewise, if you're using an HTC, Nokia did not authorize you to use their exclusive apps.

Do the right thing - obey the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss