GDR2 and Amber update August 14th?

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So I've seen on many different websites posted that the GDR2 and Amber update will be pushed out by Nokia on August 14th, however, I don't know if any one has any information to back this up. Thoughts and comments?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
It was said long time ago, that GDR2 will be hitting customers of Telstra(Australia) at 14th of August.
As reported few days ago it's already reaching devices in France, not sure if it's not a rumor. Probably it will start on 14, won't be accomplished before November/December, thats because of carriers testings and country availability .

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It will get here when it gets here. I'm tired of hearing about it. There's nothing in it anyway. You won't even notice the update once you have it. Because there's nothing in it!

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm a techy and a huge Microsoft fan, I am really pumped for the camera updates, that added feature of changing what lens launches by the camera button, double tap to awake, and, well that's mainly all. But I'm really excited for it. My carrier is Rogers, and I'm very tempted to flash my phone, however I can't find any working download link for the French firmware that is suppost to work, and I'm also wondering if I flash my phone, once Rogers updates and pushes out the firmware, I will still get that update, correct? I flashed my Samsung focus to 7.8, and when the update was released for it my firmware was updates

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm a techy and a huge Microsoft fan, I am really pumped for the camera updates, that added feature of changing what lens launches by the camera button, double tap to awake, and, well that's mainly all. But I'm really excited for it. My carrier is Rogers, and I'm very tempted to flash my phone, however I can't find any working download link for the French firmware that is suppost to work, and I'm also wondering if I flash my phone, once Rogers updates and pushes out the firmware, I will still get that update, correct? I flashed my Samsung focus to 7.8, and when the update was released for it my firmware was updates

I have flashed amber on a lumia 920 and I can tell you this that you cant select just any camera app to run as default. Its really only Nokia Smart cam or Nokia Pro Cam. But after using Nokia Pro Cam for only a couple of shots it seems to be really good.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well that's good news. I'd really like to check it out, I just have those couple concerns holding me back, if anybody knows the answer to them that would be great!

Erik Walther

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Those who say that "nothing" is in the update clearly don't use Xbox Music pass on their phone. Supposedly it will fix the "We are unable to confirm media usage rights" error that I get every single time I play a subscription song synced from my Windows 8 computer. Seeing as how 50% of the reason I originally wanted a Windows Phone was b/c of Zune, I'd say that makes it the biggest update ever IF it fixes the issue.

cyberden

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have flashed amber on a lumia 920 and I can tell you this that you cant select just any camera app to run as default. Its really only Nokia Smart cam or Nokia Pro Cam. But after using Nokia Pro Cam for only a couple of shots it seems to be really good.
The thing is, if you use a pin code to protect your phone (as you should) this is useless since opening procam with the camera button from a locked phone asks you to type in your pin. This is not the case with the stock camera app.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
The thing is, if you use a pin code to protect your phone (as you should) this is useless since opening procam with the camera button from a locked phone asks you to type in your pin. This is not the case with the stock camera app.
That doesn't make it "useless" because it can't do ONE thing that you want it to. There is still use opportunity for the feature. I will still use it to map Camera Pro to the camera button.

cyberden

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Useless might be overreacting but it's still a big disappointment. Most of the time I use my phone to take pictures quickly and typing in the pin code breaks that. I will keep the button mapped to the native app and use pro cam when I can take my time.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Useless might be overreacting but it's still a big disappointment. Most of the time I use my phone to take pictures quickly and typing in the pin code breaks that. I will keep the button mapped to the native app and use pro cam when I can take my time.

I'd report it as a bug. Use the Nokia Feedback in the app. I'm assuming it is there like the rest of their apps. I don't have it yet on my 920. :/

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

The whole point of pro cam is that it allows you to compose your shot, if you intend to use it on auto its no different than the stock camera app. And if you have time enough to compose your shot, i am sure you have enough time to enter a four digit password.
But yes you can of course report feedback and am sure nokia will do something about it.

cyberden

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The whole point of pro cam is that it allows you to compose your shot, if you intend to use it on auto its no different than the stock camera app. And if you have time enough to compose your shot, i am sure you have enough time to enter a four digit password.
But yes you can of course report feedback and am sure nokia will do something about it.
I agree but I would prefer to be consistent and always use the same app (to be sure to keep the correct image filenames for example). Even for quick shots, the fact that procam can display grids and the native app can't makes ProCam a better choice... Plus, it seems that the image processing might be a bit better in procam.

Anyway I sent a feedback to Nokia...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb