HERE Maps only works the first time?

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
HERE Maps was always a lifesaver in many situations, and it was a great app for people without any 3G like me. However recently it has stopped working. When I press the green location circle button it does nothing. I do have a map of my area downloaded, but it just doesn't detect my location at all, acting like location services are off (they are on). I know it's not the GPS problem because other apps can still use my location just fine, and HERE maps works right after I downloaded it, but after that first time it doesn't work. It's also not because of the recent livesight and compass update, after repair it came back factory resetted with the ld version but it still doesn't work.

My phone has been sent in to Nokia for repair six times (they refuse to replace it) and for the last two times I got it back instead of it having tiles in yellow and background being yellow lights (matching default for Lumia 720 yellow) it came in a cobalt theme and a parrot wing wallpaper which I can't find on the device. I don't know if it has anything to do with this, but before this HERE Maps worked just fine before it started coming in this other state. Not sure what's going on.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes when location can't be determined it may struggle which is gps issue. But if you try and search for From A to B type thing where you key in both locations - you will be able to use it. When you rely on GPS, it may be GPS related issue offline. Mostly GPS should work without data connection but if satellites aren't reachable you do need to have some sort of wireless communication on in order to determine where you are.

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
But the problem is it always used to work at the same exact location at my desk, in my room. It still does, except it only works after I uninstall and then install it again. Only on that first time it detects my location like it's supposed to (even with no internet) but subsequently it won't.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest you do a flash and reinstall the map from fresh. If it doesnt work then it means your gps chip is toasted.

Heigien

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I have this kind of situation with my lumia 520. I tap my location but it cant determine my current position.
how do you solve this problem?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon