How much do you miss native google services on WP?

gdourado07

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello, how are you?
It seems that Google and Microsoft haven't been seeing eye to eye.
I was wondering how much do you WP8 users miss Native google services, like google maps, gmail, google drive, music, YouTube and such.
Are the google services a big plus of the android system?

Cheers!

SBNLUK

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Got the Lumia 920 3 months ago. I think the Nokia maps (downloadable by region) are much superior to any iOS and Google system. The satnav works brilliantly abroad with zero roaming cost. Unbeatable.

My wife has the iPhone 4 and she always complains about the poor accuracy of the new apple maps. No way she can navigate abroad without incurring massive cost
All WP8 apps are out there and the MS Exchange Inbox (merged two of them) are also a much smarter solution than iOS can offer.
I don't do any gaming and only limited social stuff so I cannot comment on pros and cons there.

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
this. IM+ is ok, but I have this suspicion they use some kind of alt keyboard. Its never as accurate as say txting and its autocorrect is sub par compared to txting.

Can't even install that one, says my password is wrong or something, but i doubt it works any better then jiTalk. That one was pretty fine until it completely stopped recieving notifications couple of days ago, now it's useless. Google talk app should work like WhatsApp for example, to always give me push notifications..

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Its google verification that's messing you up with im+. You have to log in on your computer to accept it. Then the app will work.

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting for official YT app as good, as the one taken down by Google. Don't care about the rest of add/invigilation/Google services.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Can't even install that one, says my password is wrong or something, but i doubt it works any better then jiTalk. That one was pretty fine until it completely stopped recieving notifications couple of days ago, now it's useless. Google talk app should work like WhatsApp for example, to always give me push notifications..

Jitalk works best for me, better than im+ pro

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I started moving away from Google services, wish Microsoft had bought YouTube instead of Google.

Funny story is that I started moving before I ordered my Lumia 520 XD

Cindy_H

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Google Drive---Never used.
Google Music---Messed up my Album art
YouTube---Metrotube works great
Google Maps---Here Drive works great.
Gmail---Outlook is so much better.
I did miss Google Keep at first, but One Note has helped ease the pain, there. If it would only make phone numbers and email addresses "live" it would be perfect.

lancepr

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
When I moved from WebOS to WP8 I switched everything over and have been very pleased with skydrive, Office 365, outlook.com and Skype.

azdenn

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
why would i miss big brother google? don't use any of their services... no longer look at youtube on the phone as i always have to reboot the phone to get out of there... so not missing anything...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo