Question Re: SkyDrive syncing

lee.eubanks

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to mark certain SkyDrive folders to NOT sync with Windows Phone 8? There are a couple of folders of pictures I'd prefer not to sync with my WP8 photo albums. Is this something that is possible? I can't find it if so. Thanks!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to mark certain SkyDrive folders to NOT sync with Windows Phone 8? There are a couple of folders of pictures I'd prefer not to sync with my WP8 photo albums. Is this something that is possible? I can't find it if so. Thanks!

Go to SkyDrive on a PC (easiest) select the folder, right click and go to "Properties".

Where it says: Folder type Pictures Change

Click that where it says "Change" and move it to "Documents."

lee.eubanks

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I did that, but the folder still shows up as an album in my Photos hub. I tried restarting the phone, but it's still there. Do I need to sign out of Skydrive and sign back in?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I did that, but the folder still shows up as an album in my Photos hub. I tried restarting the phone, but it's still there. Do I need to sign out of Skydrive and sign back in?

I'd just give it time...OR...create a NEW folder with the document property and move all the contents from the one to the other but you'd still have to wait for a big sync.

You could probably go your accounts, hold down on your MA (Microsoft Account) and click "Sync". That wouldn't hurt at least...

The way that I discovered this was I had a folder I made for 1 Excel sheet, then later added 20+ photos and it doesn't show up (and has never shown up).

lee.eubanks

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I just tried a Manual Sync and got the following error message:

"Last updated about 6 months ago. Error Code: 80C805E2 We're having a problem syncing your information. Try again later."

What do you mean when you say a big sync? When and how do those occur?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I just tried a Manual Sync and got the following error message:

"Last updated about 6 months ago. Error Code: 80C805E2 We're having a problem syncing your information. Try again later."

How did you do a manual sync? On your phone? I didn't even know that was an option.
But, from what I know that issue is something with backing up your text messages. Turn that off. [Settings > swipe left > Messaging]

What do you mean when you say a big sync? When and how do those occur?

Most software is written in that single files are synced on the fly, but every hour/day/whatever a larger sync will occur that looks for ANY sort of change (it is done to save battery and bandwidth). My "guess" is that it happens daily, similar to how your phone brings down your list of Updates only once a day.

lee.eubanks

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Turned off the messaging backup, tried to manual sync again by going to Settings > Email/Accounts > Long press Microsoft account > Sync. Still fails with same error code.

I guess it has never backed up my messages to skydrive. I don't see them anywhere in my skydrive, so that seems pointless.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Outlook is down right now though...so...that doesn't help, haha. When I try to look at the msg backup I have on Outlook.com it fails and sends me to the page saying they have been working on it for a couple hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes