Dropped my 8X, screen cracked. Want a Lumia

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. I just dropped my 8X face first onto tile floor from about 5 feet up, and the screen cracked pretty badly. I can still use it, but it's hideous. I'm really upset, but things happen. I'm on a family plan and nobody is due for an upgrade for quite some time, so I have no choice but to deal with it or buy a new phone. I prefer the latter.

I've always wanted a Lumia, and since I'm on Verizon I believe I'll have to go the unlocked route from Amazon since the 822 is hideous (do they have any new ones for Verizon)? School me, please, since I know nothing about Lumia's. I'll spend up to $300 if I have to....ugh....

Thanks.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
The only other Lumia on VZW is the 928 which is one of my favorites. My advice would be to replace the screen on your 8x and see how much you can sell it for and search eBay and such for a like new 928.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Call Verizon and tell them what happened and see if there is anything they can do for you. I shattered my 8X screen and I called Verizon and they said I have a promotion on my line for $200 off the retail price of any 4G phone. This makes a 928 $250 if I decide to go that route.

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Just to tell. My L820 dropped to the parquet in my room from about half meter on the screen and screen is good as new.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
The only other Lumia on VZW is the 928 which is one of my favorites. My advice would be to replace the screen on your 8x and see how much you can sell it for and search eBay and such for a like new 928.

Can you give me any advice towards replacing the screen? I actually don't want to drop money on a new phone and I can't stand the broken screen anymore.

Thanks!

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so took a visit to my Verizon store (a private store) and got the 928 for free after trading in my 8X. I'm absolutely thrilled...will be returning the eBay 928 as soon as it arrives.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so took a visit to my Verizon store (a private store) and got the 928 for free after trading in my 8X. I'm absolutely thrilled...will be returning the eBay 928 as soon as it arrives.

You were able to trade in your broke 8X for a 928? That's pretty sweet! Maybe I should try that.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
They had to shuffle some things around with my grandfathers number (he's on our plan), and I paid $54 with $50 rebate. There's always a way, so long as you go to the private Verizon stores instead of the by-the-book ones. I'm super happy and feel $400 richer :amaze:. **** the 8X.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
They had to shuffle some things around with my grandfathers number (he's on our plan), and I paid $54 with $50 rebate. There's always a way, so long as you go to the private Verizon stores instead of the by-the-book ones. I'm super happy and feel $400 richer :amaze:. **** the 8X.

I'll have to go see what they have to say. I can get a 928 for $250 through Verizon, but that's not as good as free.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6