Drive C: on Windows Phone 8

ohmegabyte

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Windows phone has file system as any other windows systems. But there is no access to it, except of the isolated storage of application. Yon cannot even get list of folder and files. Unless your application is vendor application. Nokia , HTC and Samsung has full access to files system, but I do not understand why they do not release anything like file manager.

Maybe for some security reasons, unlike Android since it is "open"source.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
nope from what i understand its not possible for explorer but as i said Microsoft could make a fake one basically it will just categorize your files and let you share some of it (something in that range)

not fake at all. There is a file structure just like any computer. What this is is just a bug allowing you to see where the particular program is installed on the device. There is no open file manager to be able to manipulate the files though. The quote from the Wizard of Oz comes to mind "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."

Mroofieunblockm

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
not fake at all. There is a file structure just like any computer. What this is is just a bug allowing you to see where the particular program is installed on the device. There is no open file manager to be able to manipulate the files though. The quote from the Wizard of Oz comes to mind "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."

If u say so

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
You can see some of the folders in the phone if you hook it up to a computer and use the computer's file manager: Documents, Music, Pictures, Ringtones, Videos.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
those directories probably cant be viewed that's why there is not a file manager hence the name file "explorer" !!!

yes...they are locked down. some people were saying directories dont exist which is absurd...of course they do, all because you cant see it doesnt mean its not there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs