Drive C: on Windows Phone 8

ohmegabyte

May 15, 2013
Visit site
As I am doing some updates for the HERE Drive+, this is what is saw when I was about to access some app in my Lumia 820.
So Windows Phone 8 must have some kind of file explorer in its system, but its really hidden to consumers to avoid security or like virus problems.

wp_ss_20130814_0001.png

Mroofieunblockm

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Fakee :) (not fake anymore me was not expecting this type of file system) don't spread rumors wp8 coding doesn't really allow file manager if Microsoft will make one it would be a side stepp really not a real one

Last edited:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Can't say if fake, but definitely completely misunderstood.

What WP does have is a file system. A file explorer/manager is something completely different. The former can and often does exist without the later.

So no, no file explorer.

Mroofieunblockm

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Can't say if fake, but definitely completely misunderstood.

What WP does have is a file system. A file explorer/manager is something completely different. The former can and often does exist without the later.

So no, no file explorer.

but Microsoft could but like i said it would be a side step / manipulation really

ohmegabyte

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Btw to readers, this was the time HERE Drive+ is in "installing" in my Lumia 820. So probably, as I can guess, this would be the location on the phone where the apps are located/installed.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this several times before with other apps as well, so it isn't just Here. Not that it really means anything, because the system is locked down pretty tight.

Mroofieunblockm

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Fyi a fake explorer could be possible by Microsoft if you dont believe me look at your app list its possible!!! But it Will a fake one though :/. So everyone seeing my post dont tell me its not possible!!! :p

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I've seen this multiple times when installing Nokia specific applications...all this means in the programs are installed to a directory called "C:\Data\Program\"...much like any OS has directories and areas in which programs are stored. Its not that a file explorer cannot be available, but rather if they want to open that 'can of worms'

Mroofieunblockm

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I've seen this multiple times when installing Nokia specific applications...all this means in the programs are installed to a directory called "C:\Data\Program\"...much like any OS has directories and areas in which programs are stored. Its not that a file explorer cannot be available, but rather if they want to open that 'can of worms'

those directories probably cant be viewed that's why there is not a file manager hence the name file "explorer" !!!

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Windows phone has file system as any other windows systems. But there is no access to it, except of the isolated storage of application. Yon cannot even get list of folder and files. Unless your application is vendor application. Nokia , HTC and Samsung has full access to files system, but I do not understand why they do not release anything like file manager.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077