What features must still come to here maps and here drive

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
At the end of the travel, say the name of the destination (whether that be a POI name, a favorite name, or an address), and put it on the screen.
Say which side of the street the destination is on (and put it on the screen).
Add via points.

Those are the big 3 that I miss. My seven year old Garmin will do it, so this should, too.

MattAllison

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Here maps - for whatever reason - doesn't display traffic for me. Tried it on two devices with the same result. Tried in 4 states (California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada). No es bueno.

For Drive, the ability to suggest routes based on traffic would be nice. Perhaps integrate with something like Waze or have their own.

Mroofieunblockm

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
It seems alot of these features might soon come to wp nokia. One feature is the indoor which is not available on any Nokia devices so that might be interesting to see who gets it first :p

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Here maps - for whatever reason - doesn't display traffic for me. Tried it on two devices with the same result. Tried in 4 states (California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada). No es bueno.

For Drive, the ability to suggest routes based on traffic would be nice. Perhaps integrate with something like Waze or have their own.
Traffic routing is my #1 want. I don't care about MyCommute, I want live traffic routing to any destination that I'm navigating to.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure who needs to fix their software, might be Audible, Nokia, and/or Microsoft, but audio ducking needs to stop being terrible. You can't listen to audiobooks and have voice navigation on at the same time without missing several sentences of the book whenever navigation says anything. Back when I had an iPhone, it would pause the book when the navigation interrupted.

CellularMan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Traffic routing is my #1 want. I don't care about MyCommute, I want live traffic routing to any destination that I'm navigating to.

This should absolutely be the #1 priority. #2 should be voice command integration, I want to speak my address like high end garmin and tomtom units.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure who needs to fix their software, might be Audible, Nokia, and/or Microsoft, but audio ducking needs to stop being terrible. You can't listen to audiobooks and have voice navigation on at the same time without missing several sentences of the book whenever navigation says anything. Back when I had an iPhone, it would pause the book when the navigation interrupted.
I agree. For me it's not books, but podcasts. I've found that if I have the podcast app in the foreground, it does pause, but if I have the map up, it doesn't. It's a fix that will have to come from Microsoft, I'm sure.

This should absolutely be the #1 priority. #2 should be voice command integration, I want to speak my address like high end garmin and tomtom units.
Navigation Shortcuts | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
This app will do voice commands to route you to favorites. Not complete voice recognition, but it's something. It was also one of the earlier WP8 apps.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Most of my wants are listed above. The only one that is not is the compatibility with Ford Sync. Waze on IOS would interrupt my radio station as if it were receiving a phone call to give voice directions. About 90% of all GPS software does not do this. If I want to use GPS guidance I need to keep the radio on Bluetooth instead of being able to listen to local radio.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
For Maps - the ability to go to the home view without hitting the back button.
For Drive+, multiple suggested routes and the ability to exit navigation without hitting the back button.
Both should have up to date construction data.

Basically Windows apps need more UI controls and less reliance on the damn back button for navigation.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-phone/why-nokia-here-iphone-better-windows-phone-maps

I can't believe the iOS version of these apps are more fully featured then the Windows Phone. This is a disgrace!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Well where to start.

- Live traffic information
- Speed camera indication (for those countries that have mounted speed cameras)
- Better lane indication for roundabouts and highway exits (think Tom Tom here)
- Side of destination

Those are the basics I'm sure there's more advance features out there but that would do me.

Psycmeistr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
At the end of the travel, say the name of the destination (whether that be a POI name, a favorite name, or an address), and put it on the screen.
Say which side of the street the destination is on (and put it on the screen).
Add via points.

Those are the big 3 that I miss. My seven year old Garmin will do it, so this should, too.

^^^^^^ Yeah, that ^^^^^^

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel