Microsoft Account cannot sync

nathanb131

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Do any of you use the mult-factor authentication and therefore have app passwords? I generated a new app password for my outlook mail on my wp8 and it seemed to sync just fine.

Danial S

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
my live.ca account hasnt been able to sync for the last 4hours but my outlook.com account has had no issues, yet both in the setting run on the hotmail server

bdicemk6

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, new here as well.
For some reason, my new Lumia 1020 wouldn't sync my microsoft account. It seems to think I am a child as well and need my parents to accept the terms and conditions in order to download apps. I tried to do this under "My Family" on windowsphone.com but none of the things that the instructions are telling me to do are actually on the page. Can someone help? I am completely new to WP, especially WP8. I'd REALLY like to download my main apps on my new phone. This has been very frustrating so far to say the least.. :angry:

bdicemk6

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, new here as well.
For some reason, my new Lumia 1020 wouldn't sync my microsoft account. It seems to think I am a child as well and need my parents to accept the terms and conditions in order to download apps. I tried to do this under "My Family" on windowsphone.com but none of the things that the instructions are telling me to do are actually on the page. Can someone help? I am completely new to WP, especially WP8. I'd REALLY like to download my main apps on my new phone. This has been very frustrating so far to say the least.. :angry:

Never mind, restored my phone to get it all sorted out! Now if only I didn't have to have OSX 10.8 or higher on my computer to download the music sync manager on my laptop...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Mhkw

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem - microsoft and outlook accounts not syncing - so I added a second outlook account in the email + account settings and voila! Everything back to normal without resetting.

kfchoo

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the error message as below and managed to resolve it myself.

We're having trouble connecting to blue-m.hotmail.com. Contact a support person or your service provider.
Last tried XX seconds ago
Error code: 86000C09

I think the online/cloud backup of text messaging is having data conflict issue. By clearing the online/cloud backup of text messaging does the trick in resolving the problem for me. It took me about 2 hours in resolving the problem by going through the troubleshooting steps below.

The solution that I have found as below:
1. Settings >> Applications >> Messaging >> Text message backup >> On
2. Settings >> System >> Email+Accounts >> Microsoft Account >> Sync
You should be getting error message "Attention Required"
3. Messaging >> Threads >> Select all messages > Delete
4. Settings >> Applications >> Messaging >> Text message backup >> Off
5. Settings >> System >> Email+Accounts >> Microsoft Account >> Sync
You should not be getting error message "Attention Required"
6. Repeat Step 1-5 until you do not get error message "Attention Required" at step 2.

* For step 6 (repeating step 1-5), do expect delay on text messaging restore at step 3.

I hope it works for you all too. Good Luck!

George Grieve

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I've had the same problem with my HTC the Microsoft account wont sync but 1 stage i know to help it work is to update to the current software, if anyone knows what to do next plz reply to this message.

megancooke

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
i have a problem with my microsoft account, which means i cannot download or update anything.
It says: There is a problem with the certificate for blu406-m.hotmail.com , and the error code is 80048888.
Please can you help?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i have a problem with my microsoft account, which means i cannot download or update anything.
It says: There is a problem with the certificate for blu406-m.hotmail.com , and the error code is 80048888.
Please can you help?
Have you contacted Microsoft support?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Please can you help?

Try this: Go to Setttings -> WiFi -> uncheck 'Automatically connect to wifi hotspots' and see if that helps. The other option is just delete/create the email address if its not the main MS Account.

Alex Ribeiro

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Man you save my life.

I have the error message as below and managed to resolve it myself.

We're having trouble connecting to blue-m.hotmail.com. Contact a support person or your service provider.
Last tried XX seconds ago
Error code: 86000C09

I think the online/cloud backup of text messaging is having data conflict issue. By clearing the online/cloud backup of text messaging does the trick in resolving the problem for me. It took me about 2 hours in resolving the problem by going through the troubleshooting steps below.

The solution that I have found as below:
1. Settings >> Applications >> Messaging >> Text message backup >> On
2. Settings >> System >> Email+Accounts >> Microsoft Account >> Sync
You should be getting error message "Attention Required"
3. Messaging >> Threads >> Select all messages > Delete
4. Settings >> Applications >> Messaging >> Text message backup >> Off
5. Settings >> System >> Email+Accounts >> Microsoft Account >> Sync
You should not be getting error message "Attention Required"
6. Repeat Step 1-5 until you do not get error message "Attention Required" at step 2.

* For step 6 (repeating step 1-5), do expect delay on text messaging restore at step 3.

I hope it works for you all too. Good Luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb