apez13

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello,I'm new here :D

been using the lumia 920
i got this error on my microsoft account :86000C09
it had trouble connecting to the server blu.m.hotmail.com
its really irritating since i cannot sync to get new email
and i cannot delete it as it is a main microsoft account.
anyone having the same problem like me ??

OCRumJungle

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
We are having the same problem on one of our phones that use ****@live.com account. However on another phone the ****@msn.com main account is working.

Strange.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the same thing and when i try to log into it via the web on my PC it doesn't work either. It's on Microsoft's end.

Nemo Kuhns

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I both have live.com accounts. Hers will not sync with her phone, but does sync from the browser. Mine is not having any problems. Checked the server names under settings and mine is bay-m.hotmail.com and hers is blu-m.hotmail.com. I tried to switch her server to bay-m but it kept trying to connect to blu-m. From what I read and what I'm seeing on our phones it seems to be a server error on Microsoft's side.

Nilesh Gupta

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes i am having same Problem with my Nokia Lumia 520. I am continuously getting the same error code 86000C09 . I " Reset My Phone ' hoping to get the error resolved. Still the problem remains. Also now i am not getting my Contacts .Microsoft Team please HELP.

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes i am having same Problem with my Nokia Lumia 520. I am continuously getting the same error code 86000C09 . I " Reset My Phone ' hoping to get the error resolved. Still the problem remains. Also now i am not getting my Contacts .Microsoft Team please HELP.

Having the same issue as you. I was switching phones and reset my phone to restore backup from the other phone. And now i cant get my mail and phone contacts to sync. Dont worry once the services are restored, they'll automatically sync back.

Epic Pie

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Great news, it appears that it is possible for some phones are able to sync now. However, the problem hasn't been completely resolved, will take another 3 hours, according to Microsoft. Try to sync now, and see if it works for you too.

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Great news, it appears that it is possible for some phones are able to sync now. However, the problem hasn't been completely resolved, will take another 3 hours, according to Microsoft. Try to sync now, and see if it works for you too.

Contacts are syncing, mail is not.

Phyto

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 900 doesn't have option to sync contact for Windows Live. Only option is for email. how do I get option to sync contacts?

Ernesto_RD

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here.
Not My Lumia 720, my wife's 520, nor my Surface, or my Windows 8 pro PCs (using Windows mail App) are syncronizing to Hotmail.
I find this totally unacceptable for an entity the size of Hotmail & Microsoft.
Don't they have a "backup server" or something???

I hope they fix this soon

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss