How has GDR2 affected your existing Other storage?

Oxymoron428

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
First of all good luck with data for the games.
Second my system is 1.7Gb, I wonder what could be the difference.

I didn't have to flash once I noticed that my other storage was gone. So I get to keep my data!

And I'm not sure what the size difference can be. I thought everyone's data was 1.9 GB lol

Oxymoron428

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean "other storage was gone". What is your other storage now,why its gone all of a sudden.

Well, I found out that my phone is now counting my app storage as my other storage. The other storage reads 7.30 GB, but my app storage reads 0 bytes. Also, if I delete an app that was .10 GB, then the other storage decreases by that same amount.

So I went to the Storage Check app, and I found that my music and apps and map data all combine to equal my total space used, with the exception of about a few hundred MB.

So I can conclude that the phone is calling my app storage "other" storage, but the actual other storage is really only about 200 MB. :)

rohitmarines

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Why u r fooling people if don no anything ...mine used to be 2 gb bt now its only 650 mb and i have more apps installed now...and temp files are only 37 mb in my lumia 820

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The HTC app "Make More Space" is supposed to be able to eliminate temporary files and reduce "other" storage after this update, but does nothing in my AT&T HTC 8x.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I heard it was suppose to "improve" it somehow if not fixed since it is part of the architecture. From Daniel Rubino himself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett