Outlook to Phone via Nokia Suite Workaround

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Within a half hour of getting my 810 and discovering that Nokia/Ovi/PC/Whatever Suite was useless, I wanted to throw up. And sure enough, hammering me into The Cloud was a disaster, Outlook going crazy to the point I couldn't control my computer and had to wipe it. Yes, I know, Outlook Connector, but then I could find no way to move my Contacts and Calendar into the new email address based Hotmail account. No cut and paste, no drag 'n drop. If this is the future, I wanna go back..............

Flash forward a month. Got a new Windows 8 PC, installed the latest version of Suite. Had my old Symbian E73 connected as the 810 was in for repair. Sigh. Since I will be using this for a week or two, I sync'ed my phone Contacts and Calendar from Outlook. So simple, not like the current cluster****. Anyway, poking around, I found an "Upload to Skydrive" under Tools. Started the clicking process and the screens talked about syncing my Lumia - which isn't supposed to work with Suite - to my Skydrive. It thought my E73 was a Lumia, apparently, and it syncing up to that famous cloud. Cool!

So, all you need is an old Symbian phone of almost any vitange, and it becomes a translator, if you will. Now, it does appear that this is a one way deal, there is no Download from Skydrive. I could be wrong. But at least you can easily move your Outlook info upstairs the first time around.

Since I'm a low Contact and Calendar user anymore, this is fine with me. And I'm a tad less angry at Nokia. (Huge discussions about this tradition lack of Outlook interface over on the Nokia forums.)

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Here is how I did my migration or syncing.

1. In Microsoft Outlook Export Contact & Calendar to a CSV file
2. Open your hotmail account, click on the Outlook tab then select People & finally the Select File option ( This will import your contacts from exported file you created earlier).

Sync.PNG

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, darn. Good work.

I guess since I have my own domain name and haven't spent any time in Hotmail.....oh, wait.....is it Outlook.com?......yet I log on with my own domain mail account??.......

Anyway, didn't know that option was there.

Regardless, one should always have a backup phone for that moment of disaster or failure of the primary phone. And some will have WFC, like m yE73, unlike my 810 apparently never will.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720