CNET.com likes WP8?

ParoleGA

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
So, usually you can smell Android/iPhone bias all over CNET's articles, depending on the author. They actually put 2 WP8 phones in their featured Top 10 Smartphones We Highly Recommend article. The Lumia 1020 and Lumia 521. I find it oddly refreshing, considering Jessica Dolcourt (their chief smartphone reviewer) often comes across as dismissive of WP8, and, on occasion, even hostile.

In any case, CNET is a very prominent tech site. No matter what I, or others, think about it, having two WP8 phones in their top 10 list, featured on the front page for an extended time, can only help the ecosystem.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So, usually you can smell Android/iPhone bias all over CNET's articles, depending on the author. They actually put 2 WP8 phones in their featured Top 10 Smartphones We Highly Recommend article. The Lumia 1020 and Lumia 521. I find it oddly refreshing, considering Jessica Dolcourt (their chief smartphone reviewer) often comes across as dismissive of WP8, and, on occasion, even hostile.

In any case, CNET is a very prominent tech site. No matter what I, or others, think about it, having two WP8 phones in their top 10 list, featured on the front page for an extended time, can only help the ecosystem.

They are by no means WP8 friendly. Even biased people can't deny every good product.

thegamevg

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
But, still the 928 gets no love from Cnet and several others!

I feel the 928 isn't as worthy of love to be honest - compared to the 920 and the 925 at least -- it was born out of necessity rather than creativity..
To me, its a step back from the unique design of the 920 .. it wasn't a game-changer as the original or a head-turner like the anorexic younger sibling - the 925 ..

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I feel the 928 isn't as worthy of love to be honest - compared to the 920 and the 925 at least -- it was born out of necessity rather than creativity..
To me, its a step back from the unique design of the 920 .. it wasn't a game-changer as the original or a head-turner like the anorexic younger sibling - the 925 ..

I think the 928 looks good. It's too bulky, though. However, I love the 925's design. The mix of aluminum and polycarbonate is genius.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett