What's the point of using Windows Phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Because apps aren't everything? Some of us want a pleasant user experience with the OS itself and then if the apps come, okay, cool.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I'll bite on this troll line.

Name me five, what would be considered extremely popular apps that are are both on Android and IOS that are not on WP. Otherwise I call BS!

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I get asked all the time with my white 928, "is that the new iPhone..." No, windows phone, and they always say, "that's the phone with the cool camera right?"

Yup, and a lot of times they say, I want to try one out my next upgrade...

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Everybody has their own opinion, to many, ios is amazing, and android is fantastic, in my opinion, for what I do, ios is a bland boring world with tons of apps, 90% of them in my opinion are useless, thousands of fart simulators and equally useless tools. Android is the winner when I comes to the app world, but their buggy, system with how open source it is creates issues of poorly programmed apps causing memory leaks and battery drain issues, also I find the UI cumbersome, awkward and also very boring.

Keep in mind, this is all my opinion for what I need. There is no good better best when it comes to operating systems, it comes down to good better best for the individual user, for that one persons needs.

I for one love the unique look of windows phone, the live tiles are beautiful, the customization is awesome when it comes down to tile sizes, colour and layout to fit a persons needs, also how well it displays information without even opening an app, everything is right there. I live the availability of hardware, so many different options, also windows phone 8 has some awesome battery life once you go through the settings and filter out some stuff you don't need. Wireless charging is awesome, the hardware is built to last, none of this "lets build a phone and cover it in glass" BS.

Also the potential behind windows phone is awesome! Being such a new system and as awesome as it is, a big part of me promoting windows phone as much as I can is that this system will only get better and very quickly once gdr3 is out. Then they won't be focusing in making the software more compatible with more hardware, it will be purely adding features rapidly

This sir, is why I for one "bother" with windows phone :) hope this helps!

Hna

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
First of all this is my first post ever here, even though I've been reading the forum for a while.

I have been a Symbian and more recently Android user and have recently switched to WP because of a Lumia 710 that I bought for 20€ that had a network problem. I sold it and have bought 2 weeks ago a Nokia Lumia 520 to replace my entry level Huawei Ascend G300.

I have to say that, I am tired of reading and hearing everywhere that Windows Phone has no Apps at all and that IOS and Android is the place to be.
I want to ask people crying all the time what kind of apps are there on IOS and Android that aren't on WP? I seriously don't get it.

There isn't a single time I went to the store and said "DAYMN THERES NO APP FOR THIS?"
Actually there is, but the application is so specific it doesn't even bother me. I'm talking about Remote Chat app for World of Warcraft.

Can someone tell me an App they used on Android and IOS that they can't use or don't have on WP aside from Youtube and Instagram? Even these two, there are apps that do the same not to mention Microsoft is trying to make things right with Google and Instragram is just a baby crying for no reason. Those apps will arrive, every app will eventually arrive.

Also, I want to mention something that I think it's important. It's not a mater of quantity of apps, it's a mater of QUALITY. 99% of Android's market is rubbish that no one cares or will even look at. Same goes for IOS. Besides those specific branded apps we all know and use, the rest is just rubish aside from a few standalone apps that are actually good, well coded and cool.

Now let's talk a bit about hardware and performance, not to mention the aesthetic part of the OS and user experience. Is there something that beats Windows Phone for mobile devices? There isn't. At least from a rational point of view.

The only OS coming close to Windows Phone fluidity would be IOS given they use comparable hardware for the same performance we get on Windows Phone. Android is just too terrible. Even on high end devices running Quad Cores and 2GB Ram you'll get the occasional lag, stutter, and eventually you'll have to reboot the phone or clear the cache. The user experience on Windows Phone is just too good to be ignored. I have yet to see any performance issues and I'm only using an entry level Lumia. I can't even imagine people on 920's, 820's, 1020's etc.

Social media integration and interaction? There isn't anything better than WP. IOS comes close but it's not the same. And don't forget about one thing. Android and IOS have been around long enough to be polished and perfected. Windows Phone is the youngest of the three and have already overtaken Blackberry on the OS race. It's just a mater of time until it becomes as loved as the other 2 at the top and when it happens, everyone will want in.

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
WP8 is amazing - fast, stable and beatiful. I only want an official Feedly app for now. Next year I'll surely upgrade to one of those Full HD beauties that Nokia is developing now. WP8 market share is growning, more phones = more quality games and apps.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
iOS is the Democrats and Android is the Republicans. We're the Independents. :wink:

(Switch it around however you want - it doesn't matter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos