Flash GDR2 on 8X?

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't know of a user-accessible server that HTC puts the updates on like Nokia does. Thats the only reason Lumia owners can, is because they can download the roms from Nokia. And no I don't think you can use a Nokia rom

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
If you capture the address that one of the unlocked, or most preferably one of the AT&T 8X devices is downloading from, then you could probably do it. But you'd need a tool to flash it. I have no idea how the updates are sent over the air, whether they are in cab format or not. But it is certainly possible. If there is a lack of carriers pushing the update to the 8x. But then again, Microsoft also has servers that you can get the update files from I believe but they aren't widely known.

I'll call anyone who says you have to flash using a Y cable/Gold Card method an *****.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
There are no tools available to flash a rom to an HTC phone.

Nokia makes their own software to be able to do so, and they also put custom software on their phones to allow you to do this.

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
There are no tools available to flash a rom to an HTC phone.

Nokia makes their own software to be able to do so, and they also put custom software on their phones to allow you to do this.

this wouldn't even require flashing the rom anyway, but rather forcing the update. I doubt flashing and forcing an update are the same.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs