Android to WP8 Help

daveymoll

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi to everyone

I have been using Android for the last few years and would like to switch to WP8 in fact I have purchased a PAYG Lumia 520. I did not want to sign a 2 year contract for WP8 phone if it does not do the important thing I need.

So far im liking it, but the 1 big draw back I have is the transfer of contacts and SMS to the WP8, I have transferred the contacts using my Microsoft account but after weeks of research cannot transfer the text.

I also have a google account and know they will back up to there, but unable to transfer from google to either my Microsoft account or ideally the phone.

Unfortunately because I use the phone for work I need to keep the sms data, this believe it or not is probably the decision as to I carry on with the WP8 platform

Any help appreciated

Daveymoll

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Sorry but your not getting your old text messages from your Android device onto a WP as a text. If your using Google Voice and your text are saved to GV you can use GoVoice app. The app will download your texts. You can get it in the store.

daveymoll

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but your not getting your old text messages from your Android device onto a WP as a text. If your using Google Voice and your text are saved to GV you can use GoVoice app. The app will download your texts. You can get it in the store.

Yes I want to transfer my contacts and SMS to my WP8 FROM my Android, I need the SMS to keep with the relevant contacts. I can down load a app on the Android that puts MMS SMS and call log into my google account, but I need to know how to get them from there onto my WP8.

daveymoll

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok I now have my contacts synced to google from the android inc MMS, SMS and call logs. I have the google account set up on the WP8 and synced, how do I get the SMS etc to pull into WP8

daveymoll

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Forward them from the phone to your email.

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately you can only forward each individual message so if you have say 200 messages from 1 contact its going to take a long time especially as I have over 200 contacts. Many thanks for both your reply and suggestion.

daveymoll

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
What you ask is, as of now, currently impossible. WP8 APIs do not have the ability to write to the SMS database.

Ok thanks for your reply, unfortunately as much as I like the new WP8 like a lot of people I will probably keep with the Android until a solution is available.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I see these every so often, and what every crazy business practice needs SMS data is doing something wrong, that's why the digital gods invented email that lives on some server somewhere....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo